Begin Again

"I'm sorry, Mads. But I can't be with you if you're not mine." Bea said.

"I am yours, Beatriz! I am yours!" Maddie sobbed.

"Pero hindi buo. You have Zoe. I can't be with you kung nandyan din sya. I am really sorry but I am cutting ties with you. Til next time, babe." Bea bid.

Lumabas agad sya sa unit na pinagtutuluyan nila ni Maddie. She got all her things.

The moment Bea closed the door, Maddie's tears rolled down from her eyes.

"What the fuck did I do?" she asked herself.

That night, Maddie cried herself to sleep.

+++++

Nagising si Maddie dahil sa ingay ng alarm clock nya. She lazily got off from her bed and dumiretso sya sa banyo.

As the water runs on her body, she remembered all the happenings last night. It brought the same pain. And her tears started to flow. It hurts her. Masakit dahil hindi nya man lang napigilan si Bea na umalis. She was left dumbfounded last night. She didn't find the courage to stop Bea from stepping out of their unit.

She prepared herself. She went to school kahit na wasak na wasak sya ngayon. She might see Bea here, and ask her for a talk. Explain to her everything, na isang pagkakamali lang si Zoe. Pagkakamaling ayaw na ayaw na nyang balikan.

As she walks on the hallway while reading her notes that she forgot to read last night because y'all know what happened, she accidentally bumped on someone.

"Oh shit! I'm sorry. I wasn't looking sa daanan kasi. Sorry." Maddie apologized while picking up her notebook.

"It's okay. It was somehow my fault din naman. I'm in a hurry kasi eh. You okay, miss? Sige. Alis na ako ah? Nagmamadali ako. Sorry ulit. Bye!" the stranger said. But sa boses pa lang ng taong yun, alam ni Maddie na hindi sya stranger.

She immediately looked at the direction where the person ran, and there she saw a running Isabel Beatriz de Leon. Her girlfriend.. Oh, scratch that. Her EX girlfriend.

"What the hell? She acted like she doesn't know me?! May pa-miss miss pa syang nalalaman? The fuck! I was her girlfriend for 5 fucking years!" Maddie hissed.

She can't believe that Bea didn't recognize her, or she really chose not to recognize her. There's a pang in her chest.

She promptly went to their classroom, and sat quietly. She doesn't have any energy to talk to anyone. She shooed everyone who tried to talk to her.

Maddie's day was hellish. She is not the Madeleine that everyone used to know. Ang layo nya sa Maddie na kilala nila. After her class, she went to her ate Den's clinic. She'll ask her for some advice, that's what she needs right now.

"Oh, Maddie. You're here. How's your day, baby Fly?" the doctor greeted her. It's Den, by the way.

"It wasn't good, ate. It was hellish." she said sadly.

Den stood up and sat on the couch, beside Maddie.

"Why? What happened?" Den asked worriedly.

"I lost her, ate." Maddie sobs.

Den's brows furrowed.

"Her? Who?" Den asked.

"Bea. I lost Bea." Maddie answered.

Dennise then put the back of her hand on Maddie's forehead, then to Maddie's neck.

"Are you sick, baby? I mean, are you high? Do you take drugs? Tell me, Fly. I won't judge you. I'll understand how stress you are in school but using drugs isn't the best option. You can share your problems to me." Den said calmly.