| 54 |

☯

Working at the cafe had never been harder for her until now. Avoiding Z was almost impossible since he was doing inventory, which was also because for his upcoming cafe so that he knows what he will be needing at his own cafe. So he was walking back and forth through the cafe. Whenever she noticed he was passing by the bar she ducked and hid behind Minghui's legs.

"Via, when the scary bear is gone can you grab some cups from the storage room".

She let out a soft scoff while she looked over to bar to see where Z was.

"He walked out of the cafe, probably went to check out his cafe".

Carefully she stood up, patted Minghui's back softly. "Okay then I'll get your cups before he gets back, I need your long legs to hide behind".

Only when he was out of sight she could relax. She did know that if she keeps up this behaviour it would be impossible to stay here, she was hoping that his cafe would open soon so she could stay working at his father's cafe.

Latvia hummed softly as she walked through the hallway until she reached the storage room. It was that moment where she had her guard down that she was now finding herself trapped.

"Shh" she heard a familiar voice say before a hand reached for the light switch.

In the split second between the lights being turned on and being trapped in the dark, the most horrible situations ran through her mind and none of them ended well for her.

That was until the light revealed who dragged her into the storage room.

"Z" she muttered while shaking her head, "what are you doing" she continued as she tried to distance herself from him, but his hand kept steady on her waist.

The thing she noticed was that his eyes were dark, dark as in anger or frustration. Of course she knew fully well why he would be frustrated.

"It's was the only way to get you to talk to me" he growled, "you ignore my messages, my calls and in the cafe you hide whenever you see me. The thing is, I don't know what I did to deserve this kind of treatment".

"Let's just say that you should choose your friends wisely".

Z couldn't believe what he was hearing right now. His tongue poked his cheek as he looked up at the ceiling.

"You know how much he hurt me and still you go and befriend him like it's nothing. Now let me go because I'm pissed off".

Latvia couldn't believe what she was saying, it was so out of character for her to get upset like this. Even Z looked shocked by her words.

Nevertheless it worked as he let go of her waist.

"How did you even end up here, you exited the cafe through the front" she asked while crossing her arms over her chest.

The taller boy's hand reached for the handle as he looked at her, "and entered through the back. Let's say I just needed some answers from you, now that I got them I will leave you alone".

She let out a soft sigh, a part of her didn't want this to happen. Secretly she wanted to hold on to him and hope that he would break off his friendship with Kino. He was the only one running through her mind that it made this very moment very hard for her.

Latvia swallowed so the lump in her throat would disappear but it didn't work, it only made things worse as she was on the verge of crying. She didn't want him to leave her.

"Don't worry about your job, I'll make your avoiding me easier".

With those words the door slammed shut.

Latvia covered her mouth as soft sobs escaped from her mouth. It took her a minute before she stopped sobbing, she grabbed the cups from the top shelve as she made her way back to the bar.

On her way there she noticed a somber Z exciting through the front entrance.

"Are you okay" Minghui asked her confused when he looked at her.

Latvia only nodded, "can you take me to the beach after our shift, I need a place to think".

The older boy just nodded, realising that she didn't want to talk about what happened.