| 42 |

☯

Latvia was staring at her cup of water, the see through liquid she got from her brother after he asked her if she wanted a drink. She should have expected to get a cup of water from him instead of tea of soda. But what she wasn't expecting from him was that he would treat her friend the same way as he treated her.

Sitting on the other end of the couch was her friend, leaning against the armrest with her back as she was focused on her phone. Occasionally chuckling at something she was reading. It was making Latvia suspicious, maybe there was someone who made her chuckle like a young school girl.

"So Latvia, lately you looked so happy" her friend chuckled, "but since a few days ago you're looking glum, did something happen?".

That was something she was afraid of, people noticing that something was changing. It had only been a few days since she heard about Z opening his own cafe and she could already sense what was about to happen.

"Nayoung it's nothing, I'm just tired from work that's all" she lied.

Her friend, Nayoung, raised her eyebrows. Her personality is similar to her younger sister, they both like to talk which often resulted into the two of them just talking and not listening to what the other was saying.

"You are just like Eunha, she refused to tell me anything about this Cy" Nayoung threw her arms in the air for dramatic effect, "you know my sister, she can never shut up but when it comes to Cy she's not even opening her mouth. I've never ever seen a picture of him, I'm not even sure he's real".

Latvia signed, "tell me about it, I've tried to get some information from her but she's not saying a word".

"Anyway a few days ago I dropped by that cafe you work at" Nayoung started, "the atmosphere is so nice and peaceful, plus the guys are handsome as-".

Before she could finish her sentence Latvia had thrown a pillow in her face.

"Behave" she warned.

All she got in return was an eyeroll, "one of them is pretty tall and mysterious- I think his name was Z".

Latvia's head shot up as soon as she heard his name- quickly realising it was a trap. This was Nayoung's way of figuring things out.

"So it is Z" she said a little too loud for Latvia's liking, slapping her thigh excitedly, "I knew it had to be him, I recognise him from your pictures- it's nice to know the guy who's making your heart beat faster" Nayoung finished as she took a sip of her drink.

It didn't occur to her how she felt about Z. Of course she felt safe when she was with him, he made her laugh with his silly jokes or when there was a cat following him around when they were hanging out. She realised there had to be a reason why so got so glum when she heard about his good news, it meant seeing Z less and perhaps she got upset because she would miss him. Not just as a co-worker, maybe not even as a friend.

Perhaps she actually felt something for him. When he calls her cute, she was blushing so hard. Maybe they were right, maybe she was starting to develop feelings for Z.

Those thoughts scared her, she hasn't had feelings for a guy ever since her ex- and part of her was afraid of getting hurt again.

She simply swallowed before looking back up at Nayoung, "I don't know if he's making my heart beat faster".

She was met by the mocking laughter of her friend.

"Your head shot up so fast when I said his name, you've been quiet for some time after I told you that I honestly think you have a crush on him" she pointed out, "plus I know that you always smile when you're talking about your co-worker, I know you Latvia. You like him and that terrifies you".

She nodded and spoke softly, "it does terrify me".

"Honestly, you should take the chance since he makes you happy and that's all that matters"

☯