Finders Keepers

He needed to send a message to that ridiculous group, and of the options available, the most attractive was to make an example of Charles' little beast. There was no reason for him to be in that little band of star-eyed children in the first place, and he had never been anywhere close to reasonable.

And this, of course, made him the perfect option to get those stars out of Charles' disciples' eyes, make them see the reality of their situation.

With a scowl, he reached out, searching for an unreasonable amount of adamantium concentrated in one place. He wasn't surprised in the least when he found himself drawn toward a Weapon X facility in the most inhospitable reaches of northern Canada - he smirked to himself as he thought it through. Two birds with one stone. These humans will find no solace in their crimes - and no protection from the elements either.

He tore through the building, crumbling walls and destroying anything and anyone that was in his way, but when he got to the cells, he found himself taking pause. There was a familiar signature of metal - of a quantity that he was sure could only be Charles' little pet, Wolverine ...

He was prepared to deal with him right there ... make an example of the beast ...but he was absolutely surprised when he pulled the adamantium closer and found that it wasn't Logan, but a small, furious dark haired young woman with striking features ... not to mention - the same claws that Logan had.

"Who are you?" he asked, glancing from the naked woman to the various tubes with floating fetuses and children.

But it appeared as though the woman couldn't talk - at least ... not with all of the devices she had attached to her. Erik narrowed his eyes and with a slight twist of his wrist, the collar and all of the wires were plucked from her, leaving her totally frozen as Erik held her aloft. "Now. Who are you?" he asked again, his gaze locked onto her.

"I ..." she swallowed hard and started to say something before she stopped and closed her eyes tightly. "I can't ..."

"They conditioned you not to use your name," Erik surmised, looking more angry still as the little woman nodded minutely. "Then what do they call you, my dear?"

"K."

"Well then, K ... if I set you down, what would you do?"

She paused, clearly concerned that it was a test. "I'd kill as many of them as I could," K said with almost a waver to her voice.

"Then I'll see you when you're finished," Erik said before he gently set her down and watched her turn tail to run toward the nearest soldier.

He floated a safe distance behind her - stopping any bullets that came his way as he watched the little woman destroy one group of men after another - pound for pound every bit as vicious as Wolverine - or moreso. When she was finally worn out, Erik caught her before she could fall - letting his magnetic field cradle her. "Would you care to join me in ending these shortsighted fools?"

K paused and with a flourish, Erik removed his cape and draped it over her shoulders so she could at least cover herself from the cold as he took her out of the facility, crushing it with it's own structure on the way out. By the time they'd returned to Erik's space bound haven, the woman was wiped out.

Over the next several days, he peeked into the room he'd arranged for her - always to see her simply sleeping - in nearly the same position. He wondered vaguely if this was normal for someone of her mutation, but then simply waved it off as exhaustion and relief at being out of the hands of her oppressor.

He was to be notified, of course, as soon as she woke up. In the meantime, he had a war to fight, and he had no time to waste.

When the little woman finally did wake up, Erik's people were sure to provide her with all that she required and notified him. When he found her, she was staring out of a window that overlooked the earth - the curvature plain to see - and stars beyond that. "Where are we?" she asked quietly long before Erik allowed his feet to touch the floor.