6

Annabeth fell asleep on the couch, curled up against the arm, her eyes closed. She only woke when she heard the front door open and close as Sally and Athena leftl, then hours later, when Percy came home. She heard the door click shut and whined, yawning tiredly. She felt Percy's hand brush her forehead, before his voice filled her ears. "Alright... You need to lay down." His voice was a light laugh as he picked her up and carried her down the hall.

He turned to take her into her old room, but Annabeth whimpered, shaking her head. Her voice was quiet as she spoke, but she knew that Percy heard her. "I wanna stay with you... Your room..."

Percy stopped, and Annabeth opened her eyes to look up at him. His eyes were gorgeous, his hair it's usual, untameable mess, his smile charming and loving... He looked good enough to make her mouth water. She'd never admit it out loud, but he'd always had that affect on her. She just denied it before today. Annabeth, to hide the fact that she was practically drooling over her best friend, kissed him, one hand on the side of his neck. Percy kissed her back, setting her on her feet. Annabeth put her arms around his neck, and his hands slid down her sides, making her shiver.

During the day, Annabeth had changed from the sweatpants and t-shirt she'd woken up in, and put on jeans and a blue crop top that Sally had hijacked from Luke's apartment, so that she could go on a beer run for herself, Sally, and Athena. Now, Percy seemed a little bit frustrated by that. He tried to slide his fingers under the hem of her jeans, but to no avail. Annabeth giggled as he whined, and pulled away from her lips. "Why'd you have to change...?"

"Because I did. If it makes you feel better, I got carded for beer in this outfit." Percy growled softly and went to kiss her neck. Annabeth laughed, hand on his shoulders, trying to pull away from the part of him that seemed desperate to leave a mark on her body. His grip on her hips was possessive, and it made Annabeth melt a little bit.

"How about we take this to the bedroom?" Percy whispered. Annabeth so totally wanted to say yes... But Percy stunk. He smelled like sweaty socks that had been dipped in a fryer.

"How about you take this-" She poked his chest lightly, "-to the shower. You stink, Seaweed Brain." He pouted.

"Fine, but when I'm done..." He grinned flirtatiously at her.

"Depends on if I'm still conscious." Annabeth smirked and stepped out of his arms. He pulled her back though, her back against his chest, his lips on her neck. Annabeth bit her lip and moaned softly, feeling every part of Percy's body against her own. He whispered in her ear, and Annabeth blushed, turning to face him and pushing him towards the bathroom. "Get in, Seaweed Brain!"

Annabeth darted back to Percy's room, smiling while still blushing. Just because she heard of how kinky Percy could get, didn't mean she wanted to experience it herself. She wanted nothing to do with the, as Percy said, 'handcuffs in the nightstand drawer'. This was not going to be a '50 Shades of Grey' deal.

Annabeth sat on Percy's bed, pulling her phone out and reading. When Percy came back into the room, a towel wrapped around his waist, and water droplets covering his sculpted torso, Annabeth pretended to not notice, especially when he sat on the bed and pulled her close to him, arms around her waist. He nuzzled her neck, and they just sat there while she read, Annabeth unsurprisingly having trouble concentrating on her story with the very hot boy sitting behind her. After a while, Annabeth leaned forward to put her phone on the nightstand, before turning to Percy.

He smiled and kissed her softly, one hand cupping the side of her face. It was slow, but passionate, and it took Annabeth's breath away. Percy pushed Annabeth onto her back, sliding his hands under her crop top, along the skin on her sides. Unceremoniously, he pulled her top off and helped her to peel off her skinny jeans, which were tight enough to be a second skin. He kissed his way back up her stomach, pressing a light kiss to the top of her breasts before his lips met hers again. Annabeth closed her eyes as they kissed, her body humming with happiness and excitement.

***

Annabeth woke up before Percy this time, her back against his bare chest. Annabeth hummed softly, breathing in deeply. Percy's body melded against hers, like two pieces of a puzzle. It felt perfect for being so early in the morning. She happily would have gone to sleep had she not heard someone's voice outside of the room. Annabeth started to sit, but Percy's arm tightened around her waist, pulling her closer to his body. Annabeth smiled, as Percy whispered sleepily in her ear. "Don't go, baby..."

She giggled quietly, rolling over to put her arms around his neck. Percy's smile was adorable, like a baby seal, and his eyes were unusually bright in the morning. It made him that much more attractive. "Morning, Seaweed Brain." Annabeth smiled, brushing his black hair out of his face.

Percy's hands slid down her back, and he rolled her over onto her back, smirking, the tiredness in his eyes fading. Annabeth giggled as he kissed her, one hand pulling her legs around his waist. Before they could get far, the door swung open and Leo Valdez entered with a huge grin on his face.

"Percy, wake up, the- OH, SHIT!" Percy broke away from Annabeth and dropped back onto his side, pulling Annabeth into his chest protectively, pulling the blankets and sheets up around her body. Annabeth felt her face turn red as Leo let out fan boy squeals, running out of the room. "IT FINALLY HAPPENED!"

"We're so screwed..." Percy muttered into Annabeth's hair, holding her tightly. Annabeth whimpered. In seconds, their whole entire friend group would be in there, freaking out over the fact that she and Percy were naked in bed together. Percy moved quickly, as if realizing what she did. He got her clothes off the floor and handed them to her, pulling his own clothes on quickly. Annabeth wanted to just lay in bed and hide all day, but she'd have to face her friends- And Leo.

Annabeth pulled her jeans up, with her shirt on already, her bra and underwear back on her body, just as Leo reentered. He had a camera, and Annabeth immediately threw a pillow at him, nailing him in the head. He fell out of the room, laughing, as Annabeth sat on the ground, her face red. Percy sat beside her, putting an arm around her shoulders, pulling her into his chest. They sat there, and Annabeth dreaded the moments to follow. Soon she'd have to face their friends and tell them why they were in bed together, without Annabeth explaining that her and Luke had broken up before they did anything.

She hoped Luke wasn't out there, too...

"You okay, beautiful?" Percy whispered in her ear. Annabeth nodded, playing with the ripped edges of her jeans. Percy kissed her temple, holding her hand. "Come on, the sooner this is over, the better, right?"

Annabeth nodded, and he carefully pulled her to her feet and into the hallway. In the living room was Leo, Jason, Frank, and Calypso, (who all looked smug, and were trading money), as well as Piper, and Hazel, (who looked judging, and disbelieving). What scared her, was the someone in the corner of the room, glaring. The someone Annabeth dreaded seeing. The someone Annabeth was terrified to see. Luke.

He looked betrayed, angry, hurt. He didn't have the right to look like that... Although the look her friends gave her made her feel guilty. She wasn't guilty... She was the victim. She wasn't the one who deserved those looks... Luke was. And he was still playing as if nothing had happened.