The Rhythm

recap: Brooklyn Beckham as Aleksander "Alek" Taylor

[Sigrid as Killa]

"Well, he is happy to see you attend today's meeting" Alex, Brent's sort of apprentice comforted Dion. Since Brent was busy with the other amateur photographers he had to instruct, they were all out in the park.

   Brent was usually at that park since he helped the student photographers from his alma mater, for free. Because he was bored, and he didn't do much but just give advice while the students took photos all over the park.

   "But he hasn't even looked at me" Dion groaned, she had her own camera and was aimlessly taking photos of fallen and brown leaves. She liked taking picture of dying and dead things, that's why Silvio didn't let her visit Kurt in the hospital. But Dion only took picture of hopeless things because it helped her feel better about her, well not at the moment.

   Killa scoffed, she was walking towards Alex and Dion's direction and had been close enough to hear Dion's last words. "Haven't you noticed? Brent's been taking pictures of you taking pictures!" she added an eye rolled, annoyed by Dion's obliviousness. 

   "What? Really?" Dion took a deep breath, ready to sigh in relief if Killa said yes.

   "Yup"

   Well she didn't say 'yes' as Dion expected, but she had sighed in relief. "That must mean he still loves me"

   "No shit, you're not Sherlock" Killa quickly mumbles, "Come on, you two have just been engaged. Brent couldn't have tolerated you for that long just to leave you"

   "Should I be offended or feel better?" Dion asks Alex, although Killa heard her clearly.

   "This is why you should really stay away from my brother" Alex shook his head in disapproval towards Killa, "I do not understand why he even likes you"

   "Well, Alex" Killa huffed, "It's not like I asked for him, it's not like we're together. And it's not like we're going to get married, in Liam's dreams"

   "Okay, that's painful" Dion said before Killa could have the chance to say anything else. killa was still younger than her so Dion was really surprised how the fuck she could curse openly when Dion always tries to stop herself. "At least the boy's following you, Brent's not even walking towards our direction but hey now he is I'm panicking"

   Dion had quickly gone from a scolding tone to a faltering voice. Indeed, Brent had gotten the courage to walk over to her. But he stopped shortly, motioning for Dion to come over so that Killa and Alex didn't have to hear what he had to say.

   Dion glanced at Killa and Alex before hesitantly walking to Brent.

   "Hi" he started.

   "Well, hi" Dion rolled her eyes at him, getting angry a little bit because she remembered how he was being so persistent the last time they talked.

   "Remember when I started courting you?" Brent wasn't affected by the roll of her eyes, he was used to it. Dion had been pretty much pissed at anything since the day she was born. Like ew, why is Silvio a boy? I want a girl for a cousin. Why is my older brother named Jesus? That's so embarrassing for me. Why is Brent taller than me? Well maybe we'd have taller children. Hold on, where is my coffee? 

   And so on, Brent knew it all.

   Dion furrowed her eyebrows, avoiding his gaze as a sudden pink rushed to her cheeks. Ah, that day he started courting her. There was a gala and Brent had asked a dance with Dion, they had knew each other for a little while already because of their families.

   Dion remembered Brent inching his face close to her as they swayed to the music in each other's arms. And in the least expected moment he had whispered, "Courtship, day one"

   Brent sighed as he smiled down at Dion, knowing that she was repeating the scene of when he started to court her. He plans to do the same thing, he bends down closer to her. His mouth by her ear.

   She felt his breath.

   "Vacation, day one"

   "But we can't just—" 

   "We can just, Al"