Always

Audrey Tautou as Dion Clark

Silvio had quickly been on his way after receiving his coffee, giving Ellery a very much grateful thanks and left.

   Ellery had panicked once she forgot what Silvio had looked like. Oh the horror! She's always going to— always think about him starting from now on— always.

   She had a gist of his features, but not of the really detailed parts such as his face shape and eye color. Ellery had a frantic look on her face, holy shit did she just forget the cute guy's face who she just met earlier that day?

   Ellery tried to recall again and again as she walked out if the coffee shop and got to her other work— the one Silvio had recognized her for.

   Silvio.

   At least she remembered that.

   "Did you bring my mocha?" Dion snapped Ellery out of her thoughts.

   "Do you happen to know a guy named Silvio? Answer me that first" Ellery brings out Dion's coffee from her paper bag, although does not hand it over yet.

   "What about Silvio?" Dion groaned, even though she's a model— she was quite shorter than average. She tried to lazily reach out for her beverage but she couldn't. "Where could you have possibly met that horrible guy?"

   "He said he knew you"

   "Who doesn't know me?" Dion scoffed, just wanting her coffee. "I am Dion Clark. Whoever hasn't heard my name lives under the rock, or probably don't fancy looking at the telly or  anything"

   "But he said he's close, to you"

   "Yah, we're pretty much the cousin who tell each other's parents everything" Dion said coolly. Yes, that was true. Sure, she got along with Silvio, but they liked ratting each other out.

   "Rats" Ellery replied, deciding that she had enough information today.

   "My source of life. Hand it over, Ellery Brown"

   "You make it sound as if you're in the Peanuts" Ellery hands the little colleague her drink as she finds in her paperbag her own coffee shop product, her newly baked almond cookies.

   "I love peanuts by the way" Dion says, before taking her leave to talk to her photographer— cough cough— boyfriend, Brent Phoenix. Ellery sighs at the sight of them, she somehow felt jealous that they were a couple while she was all alone. But maybe not for long.

   Maybe Silvio would come back to the coffee shop. Maybe Ellery would have more guts to ask Dion about her family tree.

"Oh hey, Elle?" a voice came.

   Maybe she simply had to wait.

   Ellery's face froze as she slowly turned to the direction of the voice. It was Silvio. Ellery finally remembers everything about him again. His jawline, his eyes, his glasses, his lips...

   Fate seems to have its ways. Always. Ellery wonders how things could turn out.