"Punish me instead, Whatever she did.. she didn't know any better. Please punish me for not being a good enough mother to teach her not to do such things." The woman said in a loud and clear voice before mumbling pitifully.
" I beg you please, punish me instead."

"Your daughter is not being punished, I can assure you of that. Lady Kenya, the gods have chosen her to be the mother of the sun king." The king explains gripping the old woman by her clothed biceps and gently lifting her up from her bow.

"I don't understand" she says as the king stands her up.
"Your daughter is now a royal concubine, I do apologize I was to send a hawk, I supposed the thought escaped me." The king explains softly linking his hands together to his back. The woman stumbles backwards, in a manner that eluded to a loss of mobility due to shock.

"Not Akialine." The woman said and her servant comes to help hold her up as she's unsteady on her own.

"YOUR HIGHNESS PLEASE RECONSIDER." The woman falls on her knees to beg, her servant who supported her up with his whole body follows along.
"PLEASE RECONSIDER." He said and the king sighed.

"Why was I wrong to think that a woman with your level headedness, loyalty and integrity would feel honored to be the grandmother of our savior?" The king asked looking at the weakly woman on the floor.
"Your majesty.. it's simply because Akialine isn't properly trained for marriage- she'll be of no good to you as a lover." The mother stumbles through her words, attempting to make a reasonable excuse.

"I made no inclination of wanting to take her as a wife, I can't imagine there's anything you want to teach her on being a bed mate." The king said curtly.

This only worried the woman more as she seemed to get progressively more upset.

"your majesty, the law of the sun says you must not take a woman before first asking for her hand from her father." The woman says, quickly and the king turns around heading back to his throne.
"you're correct, and I have." The king said matter of factly.

The woman sits on the floor, she is fanned by her servant with a big hand fan. The older woman's mouth opens and shuts completely flabbergasted.
"Juliet, go bring Akialine and Clast here. I'm sure they'll both benefit from seeing their mother." The king said to a tall, tan and muscular woman by his right side. she bows quickly before leaving.

The woman's fallen head lifts up at the mention of her children.

A couple minutes later, Juliet enters the throne room with Akialine stumbling behind her and Clast following farther behind.

Akia slumps over as she walks, her hair is unbraided and undressed. a messy circle of uncontrolled tightly curly strands on top of her head. she had adamantly refused to wear a corset today with the light green dress put on her . She fought with the maid who was supposed to dress her hair. pushed away hands that wanted to comb her eyebrows or touch her skin.

They were presistant though, pleading with her to let them do their work. she didn't submit because of sympathy this time. bubbling inside with anger from her own weakness, she grabbed and sent hands away from her body and face.

The double doors to the throne is pushed open to let Akia in. Tears immediately strung to Akia's face upon seeing her mothers on her knees in her already weakened state but she dismissed the need to let herself cry.
"Mother?, Mother how did you get here?" Akia asked falling to her knees in front of her mother. completely ignoring the king.

"Akialine, My darling." Mother gasped as akia got into her line of sight. Akia kneeled down to her level letting the woman wrap her soft arms around her.