Birthday - SPECIAL [40k]

before I start— thank you to everyone who's read this book. This is currently going strong at 40k reads, and I'm super happy with it tbh.

hopefully you haven't taken this out of your library yet; because I wanted to make this little chapter as a small surprise to all of my readers.

I've decided to do something like this every milestone (probably every 10k or so, if I can get that far) which means something like another quick oneshot, q&a for the characters, or anything else you, the readers, want to see.

anyway, for this one, I was thinking about how this entire book was started off when Jung broke up with Y/N on her birthday. So, what are her birthdays like now?

now

My phone that was laying to the side of where I was working suddenly started to buzz, making me jump out of my small daze as I picked it up.

"Hey Jennie, what's up?"

Dazai looked up at the words that had broken the silence in the room, an unreadable expression on his face.

Jennie greeted me over the wind on her end, "Hey
Y/N. Lalisa, Jung and I are down by the beach, the one near the bay. So if you're not doing anything, you wanna join us?"

I looked down at the agency's paperwork that laid in front of me, staring at it until Dazai caught my attention with a whistle, telling me to go.

I kept my eyes on him as I replied, "Uh, yeah. I guess so. I'll be there soon."

I hung up and slipped the phone in my pocket, gathering up the papers and putting place-markers in-between the pages.

"Jennie?"

I looked up at his words and nodded.

"Yeah. She and Lalisa are down by the bay. But, you sure it's okay for me to go? I can help you fin—"

He waved his hand, dismissing the thought.

"Trust me, just go."

I arched a brow, urging him to go on more. When he didn't after a few moments, I gave up and decided to just go.

"I'll help you finish these later, I promise." I said, getting a small bag ready.

He laughed, "If you insist."

I smiled and waved at him before leaving.

later

Jennie had brought me over to the beach, and I was completely unaware that they'd brought along a small fire pit. So when I got there, they were already happily cooking food over the fire as Jung played in the sand a few feet away.

But it was a good idea, bringing a fire pit. It looked beautiful when they sky turned dark, seeming like the flames melted into the sky as it released sparks.

I smiled to myself, it was a really nice night out. What made it even nicer was that today is my birthday. I don't think anyone had wished me a happy birthday, but I didn't mind much at this point.

I was here with them, that was all I really wanted.

"Y/N?"

I looked up to see Jung standing there, wiping his hands together to get the sand off.

"Oh, hey. What's up?"

He crouched down in the sand next to me, his knees making a soft cracking sound as we continued to wipe off his hands.