Chapter 18: everyone

EN: it keeps autocorrecting dazai to dasani rip

"You need to get up."

It was quiet for a few moments until Lalisa asked, "Me?"

"You're the only one sitting, what do you think?"

I sighed deeply when she just stared at me, my shoulders slumping slightly. "Look, I need you to do something."

She scoffed, "Why would I ever?"

"Because know you're the one responsible for all of this,"  I motioned to everyone else in the room before I continued, "And I want you to send them back to their universe. I'll decide what to do with you after, yeah?"

"Hey, no. That's not an option." Dazai told me, along with a few other quiet agrees.

I nodded. "It is."

He shook his head, "There's no reason to not come back with us."

"There is, too. It's not like I can just leave." I told him, making him let out an irritated sigh. I could tell he couldn't argue with that.

Kunikuda piped up, agreeing with Dazai as he said, "No. I agree. You need to come back with us so you're safe."

"I can't just straight get up and leave. There are things I need to do," I paused, "people I need to say goodbye to."

No one said anything to that.

"I just wanna go back to the agency." Atsushi admitted, making all of us look over at him.

She arched a brow. "No."

It didn't come as a surprise that she'd declined, but I wasn't thinking about stopping there.

I corrected her, "I think you mean yes."

"No, I meant no."

"Lalisa—"

She shook her head. "No. Why would I want to do this? What makes you think that I would I help you?"

"Because this doesn't matter. Sending them bad would be so easy for you, yet you don't want to. And I'm getting the feeling just because it's us asking." I answered.

"It obviously matters to you." She replied stubbornly, avoiding my eyes.

"You and I both know that's not the right answer."

"Tch, I said I won't do it. Back off."

"Please just do this."

She scoffed, answering sarcastically, "Please? I'm flattered."

"Seriously?"

"Why would I? What would I gain from letting them go?" She spoke convincingly, making me hesitate.

I smiled after a moment. "What could I do that's so bad if you did what I asked?"

She now hesitated.

"I just need you to send them back. I don't want anything else from you." I said.

Kunikida caught my attention, shyly asking, "Y/N. you're coming back with us, right?"

"Of course." I assured him, adding, "Sooner or later."

"Please. Everyone wants you to come back."

I felt my heart jump at that, because even though I didn't remember anything, I felt bad for the 'everyone' he spoke of.

Lalisa seemed annoyed at the setback. "You know what, fine. Whatever. You might've convinced me, but I can guarantee you that this offer doesn't carry an unlimited time window on its back."

"Just bring them back." I ordered softly

She kept mumbling under her breath, until everyone began to vanish one by one. Back to their universe, I supposed.

"That wasn't hard, was it?" I asked the question confidently, but my voice slightly wavered as I took in the lonely atmosphere.

She noticed my expression. "What? Is this not what you wanted?"

I looked over at her raised eyebrow and straightened up. "It is."

After a moment of silence, I asked, "You sent them back?"

"Yes." She answered more confidently this time.

"Really?"

EN: wow, i'm so sorry for writing such short chapters