Chapter 21: My Knight in Shining Armour

"What did you-" I was cut off by a hand slapping over my mouth.

I silently scolded myself for not looking more into her suspicious behaviour. I really should've trusted the idea that she wouldn't have actually helped me, even with a gun pointed at her head.

I writhed between someone's arms, struggled against my captor's rooted figure. His arms were rested on my shoulder as he held a gloved hand to my mouth.

"Lalisa!" I cried out,  my voice muffled. Anger was growing inside me as I tried to slip away.

I crinkled my nose in disgust when I was unsuccessful and strained my neck to catch Lalisa's eye, who was laughing like no one else was there.

I felt so much anger at that moment, that I had tried to step on my captor's foot. I even tried to bite their hand, but they just held me by the hair, yanking my head back.

"Not going to happen." A deep voice said, pulling my head back. I jeered in pain and gritted my teeth.

I swore internally, not wanting to open my mouth again, in case I bit the fabric of the man's rancid glove.

"Well, well. Dazai said you were smart. And I have to admit, you might've been on the right track. But it's too late now, isn't it?" She smiled triumphantly, motioning to the man to move his hand away from my mouth.

As Lalisa walked closer to me, I finally took a deep breath from my nose. But, I wasn't free for long as she held up my chin.

She smirked softly."It's too bad no one will ever see how smart you really are." 

Seeming satisfied, she smiled motioned towards the corner of the room.

The man holding my arms snaked rope around my wrists with one hand hastily, before pushing me roughly stomach-first against a wall. I cried out in pain, already feeling the blood rush to my cheek.

"So, Y/N. I've heard so much about you." Lalisa started off sweetly.

I didn't reply.

"Dazai was with us almost the whole time that we knew each other, there's no way he could've told you anything about me," I protested, not wanting to believe this atrocious woman knew anything about me.

"He obviously wasn't in your sight the whole time."

Flashback in Dazai's P.O.V

Y/N had just gone to bed. She did have a hard day today, so I guess it's only natural she's this tired.

My phone started to ring, loudly, and I just sighed before picking it up quickly so it wouldn't wake her up.

I started off lazily."Who's this?"

A sweet voice, a woman's voice, answered, "You don't recognise me?" 

"You don't sound familiar," I answered softly, yawning.

The voice huffed a sigh, the voice flattening out.

"Lalisa."

"Oh, you. Why are you calling me? Shouldn't you be plotting evil plans or doing whatever is you do?"

"No, no, see, I've already done that and I just wanted to talk to you." She replied sarcastically.

"Well then talk to someone else."

"Don't be so bitter, I wanted to talk to you," 

She added, "Are you still mad at me for that? I'm sure you'll figure out how to get back on your own."

"Why just me? Y/N's helping a fair bunch too," I told her, idly playing with the strap on my coat.

"Ah, of course. The knight protecting the princess from harm, mentally and physically, he cares for her, not letting anyone bring her down and perhaps hurt her." Lalisa's sang quietly, letting out a short laugh.

"My life isn't a fairy tale."

"Oh, so you admit to being her knight in dazzling shining armour?" Lalisa giggled expectantly.

I didn't know what to say.

"I don't know what she expects of me, " I answered, letting out a sigh, "But I don't need to tell you anything."

"Aw, cutting it short are we?" 

"Yes. Delete my number. Goodnight."

"Good afternoon." 

The phone line ran silent.

Your P.O.V

"He had to be. Even if he wasn't, he still knows better than to tell you anything about me," I insisted softly.

"Well, you thought wrong," Lalisa answered tauntingly, making me scoff

"Well? What did he tell you about me? Let's hear the whole thing." I raised my voice slightly, the words becoming uneven and ill-paced. My voice was shaking terribly.

With what, I don't know. Fear, or sadness, or betrayal. All of the above?

She shook her head, looking around momentarily before answering, "I can't tell you yet." 

"Oh? And why is that? Should I believe you and make another mistake?" I argued, feeling angry tear prodding at the back of my eyes.

I think we both knew the answer, but Lalisa still insisted on answering in her favour.

"You should trust me."

"That wasn't the answer I was looking for," I said.

"There's my opinion so be happy with it," Lalisa told me, seemingly bored.

"Just stop! I came here to look for everyone, not be interrogated" I insisted, trying to get away from the wall as the man holding me just pushed me back down.

Lalisa's pulled her lips into a thin line, slightly startled.

"I'm betting you that everything you've told me so far is a lie, including that little thing about there being hundreds of universes," I said confidently, shifting into a more comfortable position so my face wasn't pressed up against the cold concrete wall.

She ignored me, running a hand through her hair."You're so annoying," 

I let out a bitter laugh. "I aim to please," 

"Where are they? You need to answer me truthfully." I told her, not ready to take any more of her.

"Look, I don't care. I'm leaving, and for all I care, you can just rot here. Because I'm not going to deal with you anymore," Lalisa said, motioning for the man to follow her out.

The man let me go, and I immediately brought my face away from the wall, small rocks that were in the concrete staying on my cheek.

"Seriously?" I yelled after her. But, after a moment of silence, I just let out a huff, really just wanting to cry at that moment. But, I tried not to, lifting myself up off the ground to try to loop my fingers around the rope. Once I had the rope in my grip, it took a few minutes to untie the hastily tied knot. But, still nearly not as long as I expected, which was good for me.

I felt for the gun that was supposed to be in my waistband, and let out a sigh of relief when I felt it. 

"Don't worry Dazai, wherever you are, I'll find you."

AN- ok wow it's like 11p and I'm starting to see stars. but I wrote it, so that's good. anyway, I hope it's going good and everyone likes it. 

P.S- I know this might be really sudden, but when I finish this book, depending on how popular it gets I might make a book 2. I'll have to see.