Chapter 40: Glad

Editor's note: yes Jennie and Lalisa from blackpink.

i have the creativity of a blank sheet of paper lmao, so

"Hurry up and come with us."

Soohyun looked hesitant behind him.

"No, you must be insane if you still think I'm going with you." I declined him again stubbornly.

Dazai's hand grabbed my elbow and I turned my head to the left to look at me.

"Nothing, Y/N. We have to go."

"I don't want anything happening—"

He shook his head, "Nothing will happen. They wouldn't do it."

"How can you be so sure?"

"Just trust me, they wouldn't ever stir up something so out in the open."

I bit my lip and looked over at Soohyun. His expression was just as blank as mine. I cursed under my breath at him not giving us any emotions to work with.

Dazai gaze me a hesitant look before taking a small step forward.

"What are you doing?" I hissed, my brows furrowing in confusion.

He didnt answer.

"Wait!"

I turned around to see a figure running over, their face shielded by a plain baseball cap.

"I'll have to say no to whatever you want too. Get it through your head, Yimin, you asshole."

Dazai's squinted at her, slightly surprised as he asked, "Jennie?"

"So, there's more obstacles now." Jimin craxked his knuckles. She cringed

"Don't even try, Yimin."

"I'm surprised you remembered my name with all of the time you spent away." Yimin taunted her, smiling sweetly as he clapped his hands together.

"You're still a complete idiot, I see. So nothing has changed."

"Jennie, what are you doing here?" Soohyun asked, finally deciding to include himself.

"I came here to help." She responded simply. I gave her a small but grateful smile.

she gave me a small smile back before she looked back at Yumibe, her face immediately contorting into a glare.

"This should be settled already, she's not going anywhere." Jennie sighed.

Jimin shook his head ,"Of course she's going with us. The mafia is where she belongs, Jennie."

I put a finger up, objecting, "I disagree."

I wandered up to him, looking at the ground as I explained, "I'm fine where I am. With Jennie, Lalisa, Dazai. I don't need to come with you, so I will once again say that I decline. There's no way I'm leaving with you."

I took a step forward and he stepped back, tripping on the same patch of grass that he had when he'd stumbled in on almost minutes before.

He cursed under his breath and stared to get back up.

"Don't." I waved my hand, making his brows furrow as he looked at me.

"Soohyun?" Yimin asked quietly. I looked at Soohyun, as if daring him.

"Okay." Soohyun shrugged.

"Okay what?"

"You win. I'm not a big fan of hurting women," His eyes lingered on Dazai for a moment as he stepped back.

Editor's note: hA not a big fan of hurting women mY ASS

"And you don't seem like you're worth fighting, I'm sorry." He smiled and stepped back.

"Soohyun?" Yimin's eyebrows furrowed as a flash of panic went through his eyes.

"You're a strong man. You can do it." Soohyun responded, clapping a bit as if to cheer him on. He smiled lightly at me.

"I guess this means I'll be leaving." Soohyun smiled and waved, stuffing his hands in his pockets and walking away.

I began to go around Yimin and run after him, but Dazai's hand on my shoulder stopped me, "Don't. He didn't really do anything."

I hesitantly nodded and looked back at Yimin, who was frozen in place. I walked over to him and he jumped a bit at my sudden appearance.

I smiled and joked, "What happened to your bad boy act?"

Yimin wasn't laughing as he asked, "What are you going to do?"

I hesitated and looked at Jennie for help.

"You'll find out soon enough." She answered for me, grabbing Yimin's arm and began to lead him away.

I didn't know where we were going at the time.

But, me, being the airhead of the group finally realized out we were headed to the police.

We didn't tell them about Soohyun, because, I guess we didn't find it important.

editor's note: im just gonna do this again. hA, not important mY ASS

We were walking back to the agency, and the sun having set over an hour ago made me a bit uneasy, almost as if the back of my mind thought that Soohyun was going to jump out at any second.

Jennie noticed and put an arm around my shoulder, smiling.

"I never said thank you, did I?".

She didn't say anything for a bit, until she replied, "I'm not going to pry."

"I never suspected you of anything. You and I are similar, you know. Both from the mafia. The same exact place, even. I didn't think anyone would trust me once they knew I was in the mafia, either. So just trust me when I say that it'll be fine."

"Oh." Jennie mumbled softly, her arm dropping to her side.

"Don't ever think I don't trust you. I always will." I clarified quickly.

She nodded and smiled at me.

"You don't know how glad it makes me to hear that."

A/N- I didn't update in a couple of days to add suspense.
The next chapter is the last one, but like I said before, there will be a book 2.
I got a really nice but weird feeling when writing this, like I looked down at the word count and it was 153, then only a couple of minutes later, it was 935 xD.

Editor's note: should I even say anything—

nah