Chapter 38: Freely or Not

I smiled weaved my fingers into Dazai's as we walked down the sidewalk in town.

"This is beautiful." I marveled, looking the small shops lining the street up and down. Dazai nodded, agreeing.

"But I know something more beautiful here." He sighed out, swinging my hand up and down as we walked.

"Oh?" I arched a brow. He grinned and nodded.

"The sunset. I'd imagine that she would look
beautiful in a dress." Dazai joked. I hit his shoulder and laughed.

"Oh come on, let's just go in here." I smiled, pulling his hand into an open shop door.

"Welcome! Let me know if you're having any trouble!" A woman behind the cash register said, smiling fairly at us. I nodded.

"We're having trouble alright." I muttered. Dazai snorted.

"She said thanks!" He called, laughter lining his voice.

I nudged him and pulled him into an isle so we were poorly hidden behind the small shelves.

"Hm?" Dazai said, surprised by my sudden action. I shook my head.

"I wanted to talk somewhere, and, the agency isn't exactly somewhere I want to talk about it," I trailed off and let go of Dazai's hand, wiping my own clammy ones on my jeans.

His face fell slightly, "What is it?"

"I've been thinking, we need a plan to get into the mafia, right?"

"The mafia? We need to stay away from the mafia if anything." I sighed and nodded.

"I know, but I feel like we should do something. This whole thing is about me, right?" Dazai gave me a look before he nodded hesitantly.

"They want you, so you just need to stay out of it so nothing happens."

I contemplated this in my head for a minute before answering, "But, I want to do something- "

Dazai shook his head, shushing me and looking around hesitantly before pullling me farther into the aisle.

"What are you doing?" I asked quickly.

He just laughed. But, it sounded very strained and fake.

I looked around the small shop, and other than the cashier and Dazai and I, there were two men, but they shouldn't be so important that Dazai would have to act.

I smiled fakely at Dazai and tried to pull him out of the aisle past the men. But before we could get out the door, a hand landed my shoulder, making me turn around.

"Yes?" I asked politely, internally screaming.

One of them is the same man from last night, the same man that asked us about Jennie. I swallowed thickly and tried to smile casually. He didn't smile back.

"Hi Y/N." The other man greeted me with a deep british accent.

My brows knitted in confusion, "How do you know my name?"

"I'm surprised you dont know ours." Yimin retorted briskly.

He brushed a strand of his own short black hair behind his ear. I glared at the both of them.

"Stop trying to scare her, Yimin. Thats not what we came to do." The British man said, swiping his blonde hair out of his eyes.

Yimin rolled his eyes.

"Y/N, I'm sorry for my partner's rudeness towards you, a lady, even. He should have more respect if you ask me." The blonde trailed off, as if he suddenly forgot what he was talking about.

As if he suddenly snapped back to reality, his eyes went into focus and he smiled.

"My name is Soohyun. That one right there is Yimin." He introduced the both of them, ignoring Yimin's teenager-like attitude.

He continued, "Although I do have to admit, you should've remembered our names at least." .

"I'm sorry, I don't think I know you,"

Soohyun interrupted me, "Anyway, while Yimin's way of telling you was too rough, I do have to say that you have to come with us. Freely or not."

A/N- Are things gerting too confusing? I was a little confused writing this myself actually. But, the guy with the british accent is Soohyun, the man from the night before when they went out to dinner is Yimin.

I'm really sorry i didnt update in a couple of days. My phone was taken away and i'm writing this from my old broken tablet THAT DOESN'T SEEM TO KNOW WHAT SPELLING AND PUNCUATION IS