Chapter 22: Nice to Meet you

A part of me was very glad that she'd decided to walk out at that moment. Because even though she'd left me there tied up, I still had the gun. Which, made me feel a bit better.

When I opened the door, naturally, my first thought was to go to the police, but even if I managed to find them, what would I tell them?

'Oh yeah, I came to report about this lady who can send people to different universes. Have you seen her?' That would definitely work.

I sighed and walked leisurely down the sidewalk, artfully avoiding people's gazes while trying to hide the gun in the fabric of my shirt not so artfully.

I didn't even know where I was. This place could be dangerous. But, either way, I guess this still would be my dangerous place. I stopped in front of another abandoned factory and resisted another sigh. I've had enough with abandoned stuff for today.

But, there was a police-looking brick building nearby I could try.

But, what would I say? I decided I would figure it out later and crossed the street to the building, pushing open the doors to a quiet hall. 

"Hello?" I called, my voice echoing through the halls.

No answer.

I looked around, tempted to open one of the many unmarked doors that were around.

"You need something?" A male voice asked, startling me. I turned around quickly to a man with black hair chewing on a pair of glasses.

I hummed in response. "Yes. I do." 

"Well?" He asked, his brows pulling together in what seemed to be confusion.

"Is this the police?" I asked. He sighed, mumbling a few things under his breath before answering, "No, we're not the police. But maybe we can help. What is it?"

"I'm so, so sorry if this sounds weird. Um, but, there's this woman-" I stopped, slightly intimidated by his expression, "Um, she, sort of sent me here from a different universe,"

The man pulled his lips into a thin line.

"That's a problem we can deal with, I guess." He spoke quietly, taking me surprise.

"Wait, what-"

Before I could say anything else, he took me by my wrist and pulled me up a nearby flight of stairs.

"You're serious? You actually believe me?"

He didn't say anything as we walked into an office-like room.

Heads turned to me as all of my thoughts dissipated in nervousness.

A woman with short black hair acknowledged him first, giving him an irritated look as she said, "What are you doing here, Ranpo? Aren't you supposed to be out on a mission?" 

He ignored her smoothly, looking at everyone individually in the room before informing, "She said something about the woman who has Dazai,"

I was confused about how all of this tied together and tried not to say anything, but, I still ended up blurting out, "Dazai?"

"Do you know him?"

I thought back to the days he spent in my apartment, all of his corny jokes, helpful commentary, and days of, well, fun.

"Yeah. I do. How do you know him?"

The woman seemed to be getting more confused. "He works here. What about you?"

"He doesn't really know how to blend in, so I found him when he was sent to my universe,"

A smile was beginning to tug at her lips at my statement. "Believe me, I know. But, aside from that, do you have any idea of where he is now?"

I shook my head, "No, I'm sorry."

She didn't reply, instead just holding her hand out after a few seconds.

"I'm Yosano. Nice to meet you."

I took it, "I'm Y/N, nice to meet you too."

"So, what are we going to do about all of this?" I asked, dropping her hand.

"I don't know what you mean." She said.

"Well, I mean, I just saw Lalisa, but I don't really know she has Dazai or the others."

"You know Lalisa?" 

I let out a sigh, nodding. "Unfortunately,"

 "Um, I don't think I remember all of their names," I said lamely, embarrassment flooding through me as I continued, "I know Akutagawa was there, but there were two others, At— something and a man with blonde hair in a ponytail,"

"Atsushi and Kunikida," Yosano filled me in, getting slight groans from everyone else in the room. I laughed softly in embarrassment and nodded, recognising the names.

"Okay, great. Now we need to get all of the morons. But, Akutagawa, why is he there?"

"It was weird, he actually helped us with Lalisa," I said, making Yosano go off into thought.

I just sighed at that, looking up at Yosano and saying, "We really need to find them. I need to have a long talk with Lalisa."

Yosano nodded and grinned. "I understand."

"So, where do we start?"

A/N- Ahhhh ok. I think this story is starting to come to a close, slowly though, so no need to worry. And, like I said I'm thinking of making a second book.