Chapter 36: I Need to Talk to You

"They want you to go back to your original position." Jennie answered softly.

I stared at her in disbelief, "Who?"

"The mafia." Jennie replied softly, pushing her hair behind her ear nervously.

"The mafia," I sighed out softly in slight awe.

"Oh, right. I used to be in the mafia, but then something happened, and I lost my memories, and I was sent to my universe and I apparently was in the mafia?" I went on, my voice getting higher with each word.

"Calm down. You knew that." Lalisa comforted.

"But why do they want her to go back?" Dazai interrupted, leaning forward.

"I don't know! I, just-"

"Jennie." Lalisa stared at her with a cold glare.

"What was your mission?" She asked hardly.

"I-I-"

"It's ok. Lalisa, you're being too rough. Jennie, we just want to know what your mission was, that's it." Dazai said comfortingly.

She looked doubtfully at him, but nodded.

"I was supposed to bring Y/N back. That's it." She whispered.

"What?! Tell them I don't want to go back!" I said, my hand instinctively reaching for my injured hip.

"Is anything wrong?" Dazai asked, looking at me with a concerned look.

I nodded.

"I can't just tell them you don't want to come back."

"Yes you can." I turned my head to Dazai.

"What? No you can't!" Lalisa said.

"Yes, you can. I said I wasn't coming back. And I left fine." Dazai said.

"Maybe we should just order." I mumbled.

"She's right. We've been here arguing for a long time, so let's just eat. I'm starving." Lalisa said.

It's a beautiful night. It sort of reminds me of song lyrics:

'It's the city of the flower it's the city of mourn.'

Editor's note: THATS FROM MA CITY BY BTS BEFORE I KNEW IT WAS ACTUALLY MON AND NOT MOURN

Anyway, I guess walking back to the agency at 10:00 wasn't something I thought I'd be doing today, but y'know, I guess it's life.

"Hey, Dazai. I need to talk to you." I said, speeding up a bit to be beside him.

"Oh. Yeah? Anything wrong?" He asked. I shook my head.

"No. I just, I.."

"What is it?" He asked, still looking ahead.

"I heard you, you and Jennie talking." He looked at me and sighed.

"Jennie. Do you mind if we stay back a little." Jennie nodded with no emotion and went back to walking ahead with Lalisa, helping her with her crutches.

Dazai suddenly stopped when the pair ahead turned a corner.

"What is it?" I asked hesitantly.

"When you were shot, I-I don't know, I just felt, really weird. Like, no one's made me feel like that in a long time.." Even in the moonlight, I could see the light blush on his face.

I looked at the ground.

"I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel the same." I whispered.

He smiled and nodded.

"About, what you heard..."

"Dazai." I cut him off.

"I don't care what you did in the past. You were a mafia member like me, I can imagine you did some things you aren't very proud of, but we're on the same boat, ok?" I said, patting his shoulder. He looked down at me and smiled tinily.

"I feel like I'm going to cry. But I don't cry." He said, laughing.

"Dazai..." I said softly. He rested his forehead on mine and I felt a tear slip down his cheek.

"Thank you. I don't know what I would do without you." He said. I smiled.

"I know." I said. He laughed and stood up straight.

"Thank you, Y/N."

A/N- Short and boring. A good combination 😂

Editor's note: ShIPppPL