Chapter 19: They're Waiting

I continued expectantly, "Really?"

She chewed on her lip and nodded. A sure sign to at least me that she was fibbing. I gave myself an internal cheer as she continued, "Ok, fine. I sent them somewhere, but I don't know where."

"You must be kidding me." I started to laugh, hoping that the prior was true. But when I caught Lalisa's serious expression my laughter slowly died out.

"Unfortunately not."

"That can't be," I groaned silently in irritation as I said, "How do you not know where they are?"

"I don't know, I just don't. Is it safe to assume they're in the right one?" She offered, making me roll my eyes.

"Can you at least let me go? I did what you asked."

"Enough with that." I snapped. "You know well enough that I can't let you go yet."

She let out an irritated sigh as she looked down at her hands. "It's like I told you, I don't know where they are. But, as far as I know, they're where they should be."

After a few moments of silence, she added, "I don't even need to be telling you this, you know."

I arched an eyebrow but ultimately ignored her.

I continued, "I was thinking,"

She very unsubtly looked around for an escape as I said, "For now, I'm choosing to believe you. All I need now is a weapon, but I'm guessing you won't tell me where one is,"

"Spot on." She gave me a half-hearted thumbs up. "I still have a life, and I'll have you know that I want to keep it."

"Yeah, same. So, is there anything?"

She just shook her head. "This offer has a time limit, and it's way past. So, I'm not giving you anything."

"Who says?"

"Me. To do anything, even to find a weapon, you'd need to get me out of—" she paused, shaking her hands, "these things."

I didn't reply.

I took in a breath, looking around as I negotiated, "How about I just help you up and take them off when we need to."

"No, no way," she interrupted, slaying her head to show she clearly disagreed with me.

"Why?"

She answered plainly, "Because."

"Okay, seriously. Get your head out of your—"

She interrupted me loudly, "no need to continue that sentence,"

I just sighed. "As much fun as I am having getting to know you, I'm going to need you to get me a weapon."

Lalisa mumbled something to herself, her expression rancid.

"What are you doing?" I asked dejectedly, almost completely ready to give up the conversation.

"Relax. Why should I tell you?"

"Because I can kill you either way."

"Right. I guess that's valid enough."

I arched a brow.

"They're over there, see? Behind that pile of crates. They're in a box that looks the same as the other crates, just a slightly different colour." She answered, still trying to break the cuffs around her wrists.

I sent a small glance in slight mistrust before walking over and hurriedly clipping her handcuffs to a loose nail in a nearby crate.

I walked over to the said pile of crates and bent down, looking between all of the crates, looking for the odd colour she had been talking about. When I spotted it, I pulled it out with almost too much difficulty, because, let's face it; my arms very strongly resemble noodles. Whether by appearance or strength.

When I'd finally got it out, I took in a deep breath before looking down at it.

I took off the crates too, mumbling quietly, "That took way longer than it should've."

She really wasn't lying, there were weapons in there.

I surveyed over the crate's contents, and I was about to grab a small knife when I remember something Dazai had mentioned;

'You're good with projectiles because that's your ability. Whether it be arrows or bullets. Sorry I didn't tell you that first lesson I went you with. I feel kind of bad now, but it was only because I wanted to figure out if my suspicion of you being from our universe was true."

I smiled at the memory and rummaged through the box, my hand gripping onto what I assumed was a pistol. After I lifted it out and examined it, I deemed it working and slid it into the waistband of my jeans before walking out to meet Lalisa again.

"I was expecting you to be gone." I mused, laughing softly at the unnatural sight of Lalisa bound with handcuffs.

She shrugged, not bothering to explain her reason if there was one.

"Are you ready to go back to our universe?" I asked, slightly cringing at the unfamiliarity in the statement.

"What? Didn't you say we would go back later after you 'decided what to do with me'?" She pointed out,  letting out a laugh.

"It's later, isn't it?" I asked doubtfully, putting my hands on my hips.

Lalisa puffed out her cheeks and stubbornly didn't agree.

"Well, Let's go. They're waiting."