Chapter 12: Sour Mood

"Still, what does that have to do with me?" I asked, making him turn back around.

Dazai sighed, irritated at all of my comments.

"You seem exactly like her. You have the same hair, the same face. Even the same ability."

That shut me up.

"As for Akutagawa over there, he might've been the same as you back then, but now he's quite different. He's dangerous, he's a turned threat."

"That doesn't make sense. How is he a threat? An, enemy, even?" I asked, sneaking a glance over at a very suspicious looking Akutagawa.

"His ability is fascinating." Dazai replied, nodding over to him.

"But that doesn't really matter in the long run, rig—"

He added, "Fascinatingly powerful."

"He has an ability?" Dazai nodded.

Well, what is it?"

"He has an ability called Rashoumon," he explained.

"Rashamo- what?"

Dazai chuckled, clarifying, "Rashoumon. It's his ability.".

I nodded. "Yeah, yeah, I know, but what does it do?"

"Oh. I used to-" His complexion turned a few shades paler as he cut himself off.

"What were you going to say? You sounded like you were about to—"

"I wasn't." Dazai interrupted. I gave him a strange look but nodded.

"Sorry. I can't really explain it." Dazai apologised, his face settling on a irritated expression.

"Okay,"

"But, what does it do?" I asked, daring to ask another question.

"Uh," Dazai's face scrunched up with thought.

"It's sort of like, red spider legs? But like, maybe 2 or 3, and, he can move them, and I think they come from his back. I'm not sure." Dazai explained poorly, waving it off.

"You certainly knew how to explain that." I scoffed.

He rolled his eyes playfully, joking, "Well, sorry I can't explain everything perfectly,"

"Fine. Well I guess I understand enough." I shook my head and smiled.

Dazai sighed.

"Fine, well since we're done here, let's just—" Dazai started, starting to shuffle me away.

"No. You aren't going yet." A voice behind us said. I turned around and Akutagawa used his foot to push himself away from the wall he was leaning on.

I frowned.

"You're half right, but I'd expect you to know, if anyone." Akutagawa sneered ever so slightly, his lips curving up in a smirk

"I don't know what you're talking about." Dazai argued softly, still glaring at Akutagawa slightly.

"Fine, keep pretending," Akutagawa retorted bitterly.

"I could demonstrate, if you're still confused." He offered, stretching his arm.

My brows knitted in confusion. "No thanks."

He bit his lip at that, drawing blood. As the atmosphere got quiet, I looked between the two of them.

"I think we should go." I said.

"You're right." Dazai agreed, turning around and walking. I gave one last look to Akutagawa before I rushed after him.

When I caught up, he asked, "What was that about?"

"What, what was what about?" He mumbled under his breath.l, though I was close enough to hear it, I didn't know if he wanted me to.

Dazai stuffs his hands in his pockets, continuing quietly, "He'd never ask if someone wanted to see his ability."

"That guy, he's almost as confusing as you." Dazai was still mumbling to himself.

"What?"

"What?" Dazai smiled nervously and looked forward.

"But, on a serious note," His eyes flickered over to meet mine, "Are you still content on saying no to a double suicide with me?"

I laughed. "A serious note?"

"Yes." He nodded.

"Then, yes. I am. I like living, and you should too."

Dazai grinned, "Aw, that's disappointing."

"You should smile more." I told him, catching him slightly off guard.

He poked my shoulder as we walked, teasing, "What? Was that a compliment?"

I smiled and brushed his hand away, answering, "Yes, I'm complimenting you. You should be grateful, since I'm being nice and boosting your ego at the same time."

"What's gotten you in such a sour mood?" Dazai joked, his lips curving up into a smile.

"Your face."