"I think we've had enough excitement for one night. I will see you all in the morning." Julius announced and everyone agreed.

"Wait? Where are Alina and Damian?" I asked frantically. They were the only two I hadn't seen today.

"No need to worry they are getting it on over at the pack house, safe- well I would hope they were being safe- and sound"Peyton remarked, causing all the boys to guffaw with laughter.

The joke caused a lighter atmosphere to descend on the room.

After dinner we all went our separate ways. It felt a little weird going to Julius' room to get ready for bed but I didn't hate it.

Werewolf relationships progressed a lot faster than human relationships did. But I was glad for my sake, Julius was taking this slow.

We don't sleep together but we sleep together.

That was our kind of compromise.

I'd become comfortable enough to sleep in my Minnie Mouse PJs knowing well enough that he would see me. I braided my hair and washed my face as usual.

But even by then, Julius still hadn't come to bed. He had immediately gone to his study once everyone had left.

I stood up and exited the room in search for the Alpha wolf. As I was walking down the hallway, brief giggles caught my attention.

And they were coming directly from Penny's room.

I could tell Tony was in there and I didn't like it very much. Sure she was turning 17 in 3 short days and sure she was a smart and mature young lady. But she was still my baby sister ; In a relationship with a slightly older werewolf mate.

I knocked on the door of the study and waited until I was asked to come in.

"Hey" Julius greeted not once looking up from his papers.

"Hi what are you working on?" 

"Just some pack stuff. And some stuff for work. By the way those files you put together today at the office were actually pretty good, a lot more detailed than the ones Karlie put together."

"Really? Thank you. I just got a tired of just sitting down idly. Doing all that research and calculating was actually kinda fun." I shrugged.

He hummed in response, still concentrating hard . I could hear the gears turning in his head.

I could already sense he was frustrated about something ; and I was sure it wasn't necessarily the work in front of him.

I sashayed up to the desk and stood right in front of him. "Ok stop. Come on tell me what's up. You're going to break that pen if you grip it any harder.

He looked up at me before shaking his head .

"nothing's up. I'm all good." He dismissed nonchalantly.

"Yeah says the man with steam practically coming out of his ears. Seriously what's eating at you?"

"A rogue got onto my territory and nobody could smell him until it was too late. He came for one thing and one thing only."

I arched my brow at him.

"You Estrella. He came for you. He dropped this and one of the guards picked it up."

He pulled out a small photo with some writing on it.

Bring me this girl for she is the chosen one. I need her alive. Complete this task and your reward shall be great.