4

Once my shift was over, I went to the locker room to grab my stuff.

I was in a bit of a rush, seeing as I needed to get to the grocery store before it closed in exactly an hour and 14 minutes. I stuffed my tips into my wallet and stuffed the wallet into my satchel. I was caught off guard when I heard my name being called out front.

Judging by the effect the voice had on me I had an idea of who it might be.

Oh please there's no way he came back- not for you anyways, I told myself.

Butterflies erupted in my stomach as I swiftly exited the room. Just as I expected, Julius was stood in front of the counter talking to Lacey my co-worker.

He looked just as good as the day I first saw him.

I tried to steady my breathing a little. I hadn't realised how tall and well built he actually was. The white dress shirt he wore barely contained him.

Honestly, he'd look even better with no shirt. Or maybe no clothes at all.

Damn my dirty mind!

He smiled, his eyes fixated on me.

"Estella I was just about to call you. This man was just asking after you". She gritted out. "But I'm sure you've got places to be so go on I'll take care of this customer for you."

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes at the way she put emphasis on the words "take care".

Unfortunately Lacey was known for being quite promiscuous.

In other words she'd hump anything with two legs and a six pack. A hefty bank statement was of course to her, a deal breaker.

The way she batted her eyelids at him made me scowl.

Ugh Stop being so possessive Estrella you don't even know the man!

"No I'm fine thanks. Estrella can I walk you out?" He asked. I could barely speak so I nodded a little too vigorously and he chuckled lowly.

Oh yes Estrella! He'll definitely fall in love with you once you give yourself whiplash!.

"Uh wait don't you want to take this?" Lacey asked holding a piece of paper.

"No keep your number I don't want it." Julius replied in a bored tone before grabbing my hand and dragging me towards the exit.

I turned my head slightly to see Lacey stood with her mouth hanging open.

On the inside, I was jumping for joy. "Uhh thank you very much for the tip you left the other day uh Mr Stone." I smiled nervously.

"Please call me Julius. And it was really my pleasure" He winked.

"Alright Julius" I mumbled smiling slightly.

He must have wanted to talk to me about something but I couldn't imagine what. As if he read my mind he stopped in front of my car and turned to face me directly.

He towered over my small 5"5 frame. " I know that you don't know me too well but I needed to see you again." I blushed profusely, looking down at the ground.

Before I knew what was happening he reached out and stroked my face. The jolts of electricity were back with full force. "You're so cute when you blush" he hummed.

I looked up at him into his eyes, transfixed by the swirls of green.

"Go out with me?"

His words sent me crashing back to reality. I felt like I'd misheard him but his eyes told me otherwise.