"now let's eat, shall we?" he said as hr finished setting up two more meals.

"sure" was all karma said.

They settled down at the table as karma's parents tried to catch up with what's been happening in their son's life.

"so, how's school?" asked his mother. Karma shrugged.

"nothing much, alhough, we will be having a family day soon but I doubt you'll be able to join" stated karma addung the last part as if an afterthought.

The parents looked at each other. Having a silent conversation with their eyes (ah couples), they faced their son and smiled.

"maybe we can make some time" stated karma's father.

The said boy's eyes widened, "really?" he asked.

"sure! this sounds fun!" chirped his mother happily. Karma's eyes returned to normal and he smirked.

"sweet"

Yup, this was his family. Not what you would expect from a well known and rich family, usually, the heir would be pressured to become the best but karma's parents were different. They knew what it was like since their parents also owned a big company, it was hard with all the pressure and so they promised themselves never to do that to their own child. Plus, karma was doing great, even though he was in E class, he's smart and has started to change his attitude for the better and that was just fine.

Honestly, this would be a perfect family if it weren't for the buisy schedule, but karma didn't feel that sad since he had kiri with him. He was serious but also good company whenever you need him.

Kiri smiled at the display. It was nice seeing the strong bond of their family, even though they don't see each other often, they still love each other. That was nice. He wished he had one, his family never really payed attention to him and just left him in the dust.

"oh! and kiri, your coming too!" shouted karma which shocked the blonde.

"but it's a family day, right?" he asked.

"exactly!" said the only lady happily with a smile matching with the rest of the family.

Kiri couldn't help but feel a slight tug at he corner of his lips. Or maybe he did-no, has a loving family.

Karma's life was great and he knew that, the only thing missing was-

"so, do you have a special someone?" asked karma's mother. The said boy blushed slightly. His parents noticed this.

"oh, you do?" asked his father but it was clear that he already knew the answer.

"karma-sama likes one of his classmates, his name i-" but before kiri could finish, karma shouted.

"kiri!" the said blonde just smirked.

His parents raised their brows "his?" they asked in union (ah couples).

"u-um, yeah, he's a boy" admitted karma looking down.

"...." it was silent. Karma felt afraid of how his parents might react.

The silence lasted for about a minute or so, but it felt like hours for karma, until a slap resounded in the room. It seems that the redhead's father had facepalmed.

This made him confused to which curiosity forced him to look up. What he saw left him even more dumbfounded.

His father had his face stuffed in his palm while his mother looked like she was going to explode at any second, not in a bad way but I wouldn't classify it as good either.

"OH MY FLIPIN GOD!!" shouted karma's mother whilst making them deaf in the process.

"dear, please calm down" said his father, you could find a hint of dread somewhere in there too.

"what?" was all karma could say which caused his mother to squeal. His father sighed as he looked at his son.

"run" he said, just then, his mother quickly came to he red head and hugged him, more like suffocated, before he could do anything.

"Who is he!? What does he look like!? Is he cute!? An uke or seme!?" his mother bombarded him with questions.

Karma's father closed his eyes and let his wife torture his son with questions, he muttered under his breath.

"fujoshis"

Meanwhile, karma was trying his best to answer his mother's question's.

"uh, he's my classmate, has blue hair, of course he's cute, what's an uke?" answered karma.

His mother squealed "name!?" she asked, more like shouted.

Karma blushed and looked away. His mother slightly calmed down at this and pouted.

"come on!" she pleaded while shaking her son but the boy refused to talk. She kept begging for a few minutes until karma finally gave up.

He sighed "h-his name i-is n-n-nagisa s-shiota" he stuttered out.

His mother suddenly froze and his father also stopped whatever he was doing (finishing his dinner).

"nagisa shiota?" questioned his father.

"as in na-gi-sa shi-o-ta?" asked his mother emphasizing every syllable. Karma turned confused but nodded.

"that sweet, adorable boy!? omg, sooooo perfect!" shouted karma's mother suddenly.

"have you met him?" asked karma dreading their answer. To his demise, they said yes.

"actually, part of the reason we came home early tonight is him. We accedentally bumped with him and he helped us with us with the papers, he was suprisingly really smart and quick" explained his father.

"and adorable!" added his mother cheerfully. Karma was shocked but happy.

To be able to help with actuall paper work for professional businessmen was suprising but he was also happy that his parents liked his crush.

"so have you told him yet?" asked his mother excitedly.

"uh, no" stated karma blushing.

"what!? you should tell him!" shouted his mother.

"dear, don't force him, he's shy" said his father smirking at the end while looking at karma.

"am not" he stated firmly but somewhat childishly.

His father rolled his eyes "sure" he said sarcastically. Karma glared at the man while he chuckled.

This was karma's family. Far yet close. And he loved it just the way it is.