I CAN'T

⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆
              Picture of Riley
------------------------------------------------

                ALECS POV  

"Okay, these are really great news and we should drink about it. Well...Clary gets orange juice." My mother laughed and we all went to the kitchen. Magnus words didn't left my head and they were eating me alive. He was never really happy with Vici and actually as his best friend I should have known that. I started to feel bad that I let him alone all these years and somehow Magnus turned into a stranger. He told my little brother more than he told me and somehow that made me feel upset. "Magnus, where is your Mother?" Clary asked Magnus when we sat down at the big table in the dining room. "Uhm...she decided to go to a rehab and she left today. She will be back in 6 weeks but she needs that now and I am glad that she does that." Magnus answered with a sad smile and I was confused as hell. Why did his mum went to a rehab. I saw the look in his eyes ans he looked so vulnerable and I couldn't see him like that. I knew exactly how it feels to see the one you love being happy with someone else and I hated that Magnus had to feel like that. I needed to talk with him and I needed to know what was wrong with his mum.  "Magnus, could we talk?" I asked him and he and Max looked confused at me. "Yeah, sure." Magnus answered with a smile and stood up. "I'll be right back, Babe." I told Riley and for the the first time I walked out of a room without kissing Riley but I couldn't because I knew it would hurt him. Magnus loved me and I did that too but not the way he did...not anymore. To love Magnus like that was my past but I couldn't hold on to that I had to move on and Riley was my future. Suddenly I realized how much I would hurt Magnus if he found out about our weddingplans and my heart ached. "So...what do you want to talk about?" Magnus asked and he souned a bit nervous. Did I caused that? We were in the garden and walked to the tree which was at least 100 meter away from the house. My family house had a huge garden and I loved that when I was a child. "Why is your mum in rehab? Is she okay?" I asked him and he gulped  and looked at the ground while we walked in a slow speed. "Yes...now she is. She got the diagnosis breast cancer a year ago. It was a rough time but we got through it and now she is finally okay. She isn't 100% healthy but she is in recovery." Magnus explained and I was shocked. I knew how much he loved his mum and to get this terrible message must be breaking him. "Magnus, why didn't you tell me? I would have come and helped you...I would have been here for you." I said with a guilty voice and he smiled weakly at me. "I tried to call you, Alec...you never picked up the phone and I decided it was the best to not tell you. You made clear that you didn't want to talk with me and I respected that." He answered and I swallowed dryly. How could I be such a terrible insensetive asshole to my best friend. I stopped to walk and looked at him when he stopped too and looked at me with a sad look. I sighed and walked closer to him to pull him in for a hug. "I am so sorry, Magnus. I am so sorry for everything you had to go through. I was so selfish that I didn't realized you lost your best friend too." I said softly and he hugged me back without answering. He pulled lightly back and stared at me with a emotionless look. We were really close and I could feel his breath on my face. He looked at me and then at my lips which made me shiver. I had my hands still on his waist and he looked in my eyes with a slow breath. He leaned closer and so did I we even closed our eyes but when we were really close I stopped. I had no idea what I was doing and he didn't move anymore. "I can't." I whispered and opened my eyes again. "I know." He answered. I felt Magnus hand on my cheek and closed my eyes again. "Take care of yourself." He said with a sad undertone and then he was gone again. He walked back to the house and I took a deep breath. It felt like I held it since we came out and now I could finally breath again. After all these years he still took my breath away. I stood there for a few seconds before I walked back to the house. Everyone sat around the table and talked about random stuff. You know that moment when you stand in a room and everything gets quiet. You see people talking but you don't hear them talking and you look at one person. You look at one person and see your whole life. My eyes were on Riley and his on me. "Babe, come to me." He said and I came back to earth. I walked with a smile to him and sat down on the chair next to him. "I want to tell them." I whispered in his ear and he smiled brightly at me. "It's your family so I suggest you tell them." He answered softly and I took out the ring I always carried with me. "Hei, uhmm...we have something to tell you." I said louder and everyone looked at me confused. I smiled to my family and took the hand of my boyfriend. "We will marry." I yelled showing my ring and everyone cheered up expect he. He looked at me like his whole world crashed and I know it really did. I saw his empty expression and I knew he really broke. He broke in front of me and there wasn't a damn thing I could do about it.

                MAGNUS POV   

Wow. This eveing was the worst eving in my whole life and I wanted to get away as soon as possible. What happened in the garden was confusing and I didn't know what to think about it. Alec had this weird effect one me and no matter what I tried I couldn't  change that. He took my breath away and he made my heart beat faster. Alec got under my skin and no matter how hard I tried I couldn't shake him off. You know that when you look at a person and you see your whole life? My eyes were on Alec and his were on Rileys. When we stood in the garden and we were so close to kiss I realized something. In that moment I realized that Alec was the one and there wouldn't be anyone else. But I also realized something else and that was that I couldn't be his best friend anymore. I knew this was selfish but I couldn't face him with the fact that I would always love him in a way he didn't. I guess this is called carma and let me tell you carma hit me hard. I looked around at everyone and they were all hugging Alec but I just sat there frozen. It was a moment I could see nothing in my future and there was just a deep black hole. I took a deep breath and then I stood up. I stood up and looked for a last time around before I left. I left the house without saying anything and walked to my car. I couldn't see Alec so happy and I didn't want to ruin anything. It was the best for both of us if I stayed out of his life. I tried to hold back tears the whole time I was inside but now I could let them fall. I let them fall and took a deep breath when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I froze and didn't dare to turn around but the person turned me around. I let out a shaking breath when I saw it was Max and he immediately wrapped his arms around me. "I know you feel not okay." He said softly and I hugged him back. I was somehow glad that Max came after me and I needed this hug. "But I promise you it will be okay. The pain you feel will go away and you will be a father. You will be the best father I could imagine and you will get through this because you are stronger than all this, Mags." He comforted me and then I let out a loud sob. His words made my heart clench but I had to believe him and I was glad he said that. "You will always be my big brother and you will find someone. Alec isn't the one for you, Mags. He never was and even you think he is you have to believe me that it's not true."  Max continued and I hoped that his words were true. I begged that this pain I felt right now would go away and I would be okay. "I should go home. I'll pick you up at 10am, okay?" I sniffed when we pulled back and Max looked at me with a weak smile. "You know what. I'll come with you and I will stay at your place tonight like you did it when Aden left me." Max said with a smile and placed a hand on my shoulder. "You should go inside and celebrate with your brother. He is really happy...you should be with him now." I answered with a sad smile but Max shook his head. "Yeah my brother is really happy, right now. But my other brother is breaking in front of me now and this brother was always there for me in the last 5 years. He was always there for me while my other brother left me and moved one. I won't let this brother alone now when he needs me the most. I will be here for you, Mags." Max said with a soft smile and tears filled my eyes but they were also happy. Max was always there for me and so was I. We were more brothers than he and Alec have ever been but who's fault was that? It was mine. If I havn't slept with Alec he would have never gone to Seattle and would be still here with Max. "Thank you, Maxi." I sniffed with a weak smile and Max sighed. "You know what? Let's just go. I don't want my mother to ask me why I leave. I will just text her that Madzie needs me because she has boys trouble." Max said and I nodded then we got in the car. "I will tell them Vici called." I answered when we drove down the street and Max nodded. "You know what's funny? I never realized how crazy things were between me and Aden." Max suddenly confessed when we drove to my place. "What do you mean?" I asked him and we still sat in the car. "He never talked about his past or his parents. Every time I asked him he said he doesn't want to talk about them and I didn't want to push him. Every time I asked if we could go to his place he told me his parents would be annoying and we went to my place." Max explained and I shrugged. "You know people have their own little packets to carry with them. Some talk about it and some avoid to talk about it. All I know is that Aden isn't worth it and you should move on. We both should because we can't live in the past and even we wish that we can't." I answered and Max sighed while he looked out of the window. "I never thought it would hurt so much. I knew I shouldn't have let myself get so deep into this." Max sighed and I could see tears on his cheeks. "When I broke up with my first girlfriend I thought it was the death of me. I thought I would never find someone again." I answered and he whipped his tears away. "We will be okay...we always will be, right?" Max asked me and I smiled quickly at him. "Yeah. We will always be okay, Maxi." I answered and he smiled weakly at me. Would we really be okay?...//

this was soft and light drama. Are you ready for huge drama? The next two chapters will be the hugest drama of the whole ff so prepare yourself❤❤❤❤❤😔❤😔❤❤😔❤😔