I'll Pick You Up

ALECS POV

I put my last cloths in my bag and looked at my hand. I smiled at the ring when I thought about how he proposed to me and how happy he made me with that. I closed my suitcase and walked downstairs to the kitchen. I had to smile brightly when I saw that Riley made breakfast for me before he left and that was what I loved about him the most. He was always so caring and only wanted the best for me. I walked to the table and saw a little note in my plate. 《I hope you enjoy your breakfast and please call him. ~Riley.》 I knew who he ment and sighed. I told Riley what happened between him and me but he wasn't jealous and even encouraged me to talk with him. I didn't know where he had his number from but probably from Izzy who left it on my speaker once. Riley was right I should call him at least tell him that I come back. I took out my phone and called the number Riley wrote down on my note. I was a little bit nervous to hear his voice after all these years and also a bit excited. The phone rang at least 3 times before he picked it up. <Hello you are talking to Magnus how can I help you?> I heard him asking and was a little bit speechless because I didn't hear him for so long. His voice was still the same casual and soft as 5 years ago and he sounded so happy. <Hey...it's Alec.> I answered and it was death silence for a few seconds.

               MAGNUS POV

I stood in the kitchen and made lunch for me and Victoria when my phone rang. I washed my hands and grabbed my phone from the kitchen table. I was a bit suprised when I saw that it was a stranger who called me but quickly answered it. <Hello you are talking to Magnus, how can I help you?> I asked and I heard the calm breathing on the other side of the phone. <Hey...its Alec.> I froze when I heard the man answer and almost dropped my phone. I couldn't believe he called me after all these years and honestly I was a bit shocked. His voice was still so calming and confident but also so shy at the same time. A hunderet memories came back to me...how I kissed him how we spend a night together and how I broke his heart. I sat down on a chair and had to put myself together before I said anything. <Alexander, nice to hear you.> I answered and smiled even he couldn't see it. <It's nice to hear you too and I know you are a bit suprised that I call you suddenly but I...> <No need to apologize I guess you are really busy with your gym and your boyfriend.> I cut him off and he was quiet for a short moment. It hurt somehow to talk with like that...almost like stangers. <Yeah...Riley keeps me busy. I guess you are happy too with your girlfriend?" He asked and I could tell that he had a smile on his face. <Izzy told you? Well yes I am really happy.> I answered but the 'really' wasn't true somehow. <Actually I called you because I will come back today and I asked myself if you want to drink a coffe with me and we could catch up." He asked and I had to smile because he wanted to see me again.

                 ALECS POV

I just thought it would be a good idea to talk with him again or just see him. I knew he missed me and I missed him too so we should catch up after all these years. I'm glad that Riley left the number and encouraged me to call him even I was unsure first. There was again the silence while I waited for his answer and I could hear his calm breathing. <Yeah...I could pick you up at the airport...if you want.> He said unsure and I got a huge smile on my face. <That sounds great but I don't want to bother you. I can take a taxi.> I answered and heard him laugh amused. <You would never bother me. I will pick you up just tell me what time.> He chuckled and for a short moment it felt like we used to be 6 years ago. <Okay. My plane should land at 4pm and it would make me really happy if you take Victoria with you. I would like to meet her.> I answered and smiled to myslef. <Sure. I just have to finish luch. I'll see you at the Airport.> He answered and somehow there was a change in his voice but I didn't ask. <Okay. See you.> I said friendly and he said goodbye before he hung up the phone.