He Loves Me

MAGNUS POV

"Okay, thank you, Magnus. I just need to finish the dinner and you can sit down on the couch. I am really thankful that you helped me." Maryse said to me and I kissed her cheek before I walked out of the room to the livingroom. Max sat on the couch with wet hair and read his book about heartbreak or something sad. I took the book out of his hand and he looked irretated at me. "You won't read that. It will only drag you more down!" I said and he sighed loudly. "Maybe... but I don't think I can be more down than I already am." Max answered and brushed with his hands through his messy dark brown hair. It was weird he always had dark blond hair I don't remember when it suddenly changed. Max looked almost like a copy of Alec with his sharp jaw and a bit curly hair. The only diffrennce between him and Alec was that Max eyes were a light blue almost gray. "You can always be more down, believe me." I said and sat down next to him. He looked at me confused and sat up straight. "Is everything okay with you and Vici?" He asked me and I looked at him a bit scared because I couldn't lie to him...not about that. "Sometimes I think maybe it was a mistake to be with her." I answered and Max placed an arm around my back. "I don't think we would still be together if there wasn't the baby." I added and Max looked at me like he figured out the whole thing. "Magnus, I am so sorry. The person...it's Alec, right?" Max asked and my heart stopped because I told Max last year when I and Vici broke up that maybe there was one person who was made for him but I let that someone go. "No." I answered and Max gave me a serious look. "And if he is it doesn't matter. He will be with with Riley and you will stay quiet. I told you that because I trust you and I  trust you that you won't tell anyone." I warned him and he smiled weakly at me. I already forgot about the bruises...okay I didn't but Alec looked too happy that they could be of Riley so I didn't do anything. "Just answere me one question...do you still love my brother...is that why you never really loved Vici?" Max asked and I only nodded not even able to look in his eyes but I knew he wouldn't be mad. "Oh, Magnus." He sighed and wrapped his arms around me. "I am sorry but to be honest you bought yourself in this situation." Max said with a soft voice and I knew he was right. "I know. I regret that I ever let your brother go...now it's too late. But we will be okay...we always will." I answered and in that moment I wanted to yell that it would never be okay. I wanted to yell that I would always love Alec and that the pain in my heart will always be here but I couldn't. This one time I couldn't be selfish because it was Alec and he always suffered because of me but not anymore. "You are right...maybe Aden isn't worth it." Max said and we pulled back from the hug.
"He was a nice guy but he was also a bit strange. You didn't even know where he lives." I answered and leaned back on the couch. "Yeah but he was different. The guys on my school who are gay are just totally trash. They all just want sex and then move on but I  don't want that. I want someone I can go to and talk. Someone who understands me and loves me the way I would." Max said and leaned back too. "Well for now you have to come to me to talk." I chuckled and he laughed too even nothing of all that was funny. "Remember my first date with Aden?" Max asked me and I started to laugh. "Maxi, of course I do. I could never forget the call of you that he hates you." I giggled and he punched my shoulder lightly. "What did you do anyway? You never told me." I asked and he made an embaressed face. "I talked about my crush from school." Max answered and I started to laugh even more. "Maxi, who would like that? You are lucky he gave you another chance." I said and he sighed before he shook his head. "No. If he haven't given me another chance I wouldn't be here now and heartbroken." Max answered and I placed and arm around him. "There are many fishes in the ocean and other Mothers have pretty sons too. Aden wasn't the right one if he left you for his ex." I said softly and he nodded weakly. "We could go out tomorrow and walk to the park. We could go to the art museum if you want?" I asked Max and he smiled again. I knew I should be with Vici but it wasn't good when we were together the whole time. There would be something and we would start to argue again and I am tired of arguing. Vici always doubt my love and to be honest sometimes I doubt her love for me too. Life was really a pain in the ass but the time with Max made me always happy and I knew he needed a good friend now. "I would love to go there." Max answered and I smiled happily. "Great. I will pick you up at 10am so be ready." I answered and luckily it was saturday so Max wouldn't have to go to school.