8

Yeon-Joo sat quietly in the backseat as Kang Chul drive them back to the hotel.

She kept on ignoring the look that he's giving her through the mirror as she diverted her gaze to the window, pretending to be interested in the buildings they passed.

From his seat, Do-Yoon shifted awkwardly as they drove in silence, wanting nothing more than to get out of there and leave those two.

Yeon-Joo bit on her lip.

She's really screwed this time.

Turns out, Chul got a call from his staffs, saying that they can't find her anywhere and so does from his bodyguards, saying that they didn't saw her leave.

He got a call from them while still in the hospital, and immediately asked a confused Do-Yoon to go and grab his car, saying that they have to leave when he saw her walking out in the hospital lobby, dressed in her lab coat.

He had asked her more than once in what she's doing there and how she get out of the hotel, but all he got from her is a blank stare.

Knowing that he won't have his answers, he grabbed her hand and lead her back to his car, driving them all back to his penthouse in silence.

When they arrived, Do-Yoon immediately gets off and just waited for them at the entrance while Chul looked at her and sighed.

"Don't take off your coat." He told her. "They might find it suspicious if they saw me with another girl other than So-Hee, they'll just think you're my doctor."

She stiffly nodded at him before stepping out, Chul following after her.

Meeting Do-Yoon by the entrance, the trio walked in together with Yeon-Joo's head bowed, her hair covering her face before stepping inside the elevator up to the 33rd floor in his penthouse.

Once the doors opened, Yeon-Joo stepped out, followed by him and Do-Yoon.

Arriving in the living room, Yeon-Joo takes a seat while both Chul and Do-Yoon remains standing.

She avoided their gaze as she played with the buttons of her coat, busying herself with anything just to not falter if they ask her a question once more.

Sighing, Chul crossed his arms as he watched her.

"Oh Yeon-Joo." He said, getting her attention.

She hummed in response.

He tilted his head to the side.

"How did you get out of here?" He asked.

She had already expected him to ask her this.

"I left right after you leave." She answered, maintaining eye contact as she lightly gripped on her coat. "I found a way to escape them and let's face it, it isn't that hard to sneak out specially if your guards are too distracted."

Chul hid a smirk.

He nodded.

"Ah yes, you've managed to escape them because they're too distracted." He said, as if taking her answer.

She nodded at him.

He turned back to her.

"Then how did you managed to avoid the cameras?" He asked.

Yeon-Joo stopped for a moment before answering.

"There are places in here that aren't protected with CCTV cameras." She replied blandly. "While the other cameras have blind spots, so it isn't that hard to avoid them."