2

Kang Chul, the handsome lead manhwa character of the famous webtoon called W was born in 1987.

His story starts 12 years ago, when he became a nationally beloved sports star, and then was suddenly suspected of murdering his own family.

He got locked up in jail for days and months where he would just sit huddled in his own prison cell.

He was able to appeal his case and be declared innocent due to lack of evidence and is soon released.

That wasn't the end of his suffering though.

When he came back home after a year of imprisonment, now alone in his dark house, he would breakdown and cry alone.

People whispers wherever he goes, calling him a murderer.

After a year of living in agony, he decided to end it all.

He stands on a bridge overlooking the Han River and thinks back to the horrifying moment when he came home to find his whole family gunned down.

He'd never once thought of an end like this and was overcome with rage and futility.

He cries at the memory of holding a belated memorial service for his family all by himself and lets go of the railing.

As his body starts to fall forward, one phrase came to his mind in that split second: 'come - from - behind victory', the way he'd ultimately won his gold medal.

As lightning strikes overhead and rain starts to fall, Kang Chul dangles from the bridge by one hand, having chosen at the last second to fight for his life.

He chose victory over death, and knew that he wouldn't be able to turn things around until he found the true culprit.

So he decided then and there that he would find his family's killer before he died.

From then on, determine to find the killer, he becomes successful and his company, JN Global, worth over 1 trillion won, making him rich and everything much easier for him to find the culprit.

He had his own broadcasting channel called 'W' where he solve crimes through his program.

He became a private investigator and a very successful businessman, making his name known in all of Korea and in other parts of the world.

Together with his assistant, Yoon So-Hee, and his right-hand man and bodyguard, Seo Do-Yoon, they went through different kinds of leads and investigations to find Chul's family murderer.

Everything is going well and fine..... Not until the incident in the rooftop happened anyway.

A news reporter says that the surgery went well, and the entrance is lined up with fans wanting to wish him well.

Kang Chul (who is silently watching the news from his hospital bed) is currently recovering from his stabbed wounds that he got from the rooftop incident last week, and yet he is still the talk in every news every single time he turn on the television.

Shifting in his bed, he grabbed the remote and turned it off.

He sigh before tossing it to the side.

Do-Yoon (who is silently watching and sitting at the side) turned to look at him.

"Getting impatient I see." He commented as he watched him shift.

Kang Chul shrugged.

"It's been a week." He replied. "I've been lying here is this bed for seven days and waiting for an update, yet until now there's still no lead who did this."