Chapter 31 - Six Months Later

"Did I do it right?"

Rhea couldn't look at her laptop anymore, her eyes were worn out from all the paperwork she had filled out. Who knew applying for a writer's position at Static would be so difficult? Sean was heaven sent! He caught Rhea working on her application in the break room and offered to give her a hand. It was really nice to have a supportive supervisor like him around, especially after their awkward break up. Rhea felt bad that she never let him kiss her during that whole ordeal, but now she thought it was for the best. If their relationship had been more intimate, it would have been harder to be around Sean.

"Make sure your sample writing is edited and you should be okay to submit," Sean advised. "I think you're a ring in for the position."

Rhea crossed her fingers. "Let's hope so," she said. "Thanks again for helping me do this, Sean. I don't think I would have been able to handle it by myself."

Her supervisor smiled. "You're handling it better than you think."

"Thanks," Rhea smiled at him.

"Your welcome." Her supervisor got up from the long table and moved towards the exit. "I have to head back and make sure the new rookie is doing his job right. That kid is absolutely useless. Makes me wonder how he got into Static."

Rhea raised her brow. "Did you say those about me when I was a newb?"

"Occasionally," Sean replied before he left.

Rhea took a deep breath and reviewed her application one last time. Now more than ever, she wished Tegan was back in Toronto, but no. Her friend was busy diving in Fiji, taking a break from reality, and her boyfriend was in the States for work. After spending six months trying to help Christian find an assistant, Sera decided to take the job herself. It was a little shocking when Rhea heard the news, but the money was so good, her friend would be crazy to down the offer. Not to mention, she would be able to travel with Pen Pals.

"Lucky bitch," Rhea groaned. "Maybe I should get Warren to hire me as his assistant."

Rhea told herself to snap out of it. It would be really unprofessional if the suit-wearer gave his girlfriend a job. Especially after she lectured Sera about mixing business with pleasure. That girl was juggling boys like a pro, during the day she was hitting on Lance, and at night she was hooking up with Mocha-Man.

'Hey babe,' Warren's text read. 'I'm sorry I can't see you today. With Red's new album almost ready to release, and the Pen Pal's sending me stuff to review, I'm trapped in LA for a few more days. I miss you so much though. Hope you're having a great day at work.'

'You too,' Rhea texted back reluctantly. Red's stupid new album has been keeping her boyfriend trapped in LA for over a week now. Enough was enough. Rhea hadn't felt this lonely in a while and her application form wasn't helping her situation either.

Her phone beeped with a text from the stupid hulk. Oh god, she wasn't that desperate was she? That she was willing to ask her dumb brother to hang out? No! Rhea had not sunk that low yet. 'Mama and Papa are coming to visit us next week,' the text read. 'Are you going to be around?'

Rhea rolled her eyes. 'Depends on what you're doing,' she typed.

'Dinner and possibly going to see The Lion King broadway show.'

Rhea's mouth dropped to the floor. 'I'm in.'

'Bring your boy or whatever,' Harry's next text read.

It put a smile on Rhea's face. After her parents approved of the suit-wearer, they gave the stupid-hulk a piece of their mind about treating her boyfriend with a little more respect. Rhea was sure his income had something to do with it, but she wasn't going to question a good thing. Since then, Harry was slowly warming up to Warren. It wasn't hard to do once he stopped glaring at the poor guy.