Chapter 15 - Petty Games

The coffee shop was quaint with grey walls and clean white tiles. There were enough bodies standing in line for the cashier to be kept busy, but not everyone was placing orders to stay. Having already bought a coffee for two, Scott Trevor had excused himself to the washroom. Tegan sat in her own chair, contemplating her decision to be there.

It took her a few hours to respond to the cameraman's e-mail. He was being nice when he invited her out. Right? There couldn't be any ulterior motives since he told her about the other girl he was seeing. They were just catching up as friends. Maybe he felt guilty about how things ended between them? Tegan had to weigh the pros and cons, especially after she had misdirected her anger at him. They were coming from another source, a vessel unworthy of her affections, Christian Fucken Lu.

Things with the jerk seemed to be progressing. Tegan had worked hard to maintain his presence in her life. Even if he was going to be moving from one city to another, even though he told her that he would be seeing other girls if the opportunity presented itself, she wanted him near her. Why? Because she wasn't done with him yet, she wasn't through with getting vengeance, and that meant she had to play her cards right. Tegan was going to make him miss her, she was going to make him go crazy with jealousy. It was her job to imprint her face so deep in his mind that being with anyone else would seem pointless.

Tegan recited her mantra. "And right when he claims to be in love with me, right when he starts to wear his heart on his sleeve, I'm going to rip it the fuck off."

He was the reason she was having coffee with Scott Trevor. If he caught wind of Tegan hanging out with her former crush then he would lose his shit. He would show his possessive side again, and when he did, Tegan would be there to call him out on it. Despite not wanting a relationship, he was acting like he was already in one.

Scott came back a few minutes later and claimed his spot across her. "Can I just say how glad I am that you agreed to meet?" he said.

"As friends," Tegan clarified.

"Strictly as friends," Scott agreed. "I really am sorry for everything that happened at the charity gala. I hope you know that."

"I do," Tegan replied holding her cup of coffee. "And it's okay, so you don't have to keep bringing it up. We are good."

 "So how is Swirled doing these days?" Scott changed the subject. "More importantly, how is Millie holding up?"

"Oh my god," Tegan couldn't help but laugh. "She has been sending your name to every client of hers, probably hoping you will come back and work with us again."

"I appreciate the sentiment," Scott answered. "I'm sure as soon as she finds another target, her interest in me will subside."

"I'll drink to that," Tegan said sipping her coffee. "By the way, Pete messaged me saying he had tickets to Red Jensen's concert in Ottawa. Thanks to Rhea, we apparently have VIP passes to the show, but if you have someone you want to take I can give you the ones Pete gave me."

"Ooh, that's tempting," Scott grinned. "When is it?"

"In a few weeks from now," Tegan informed him. "I think around the fourteenth."

"I was supposed to be in Brockville shooting a video then," he replied. "Let me know if Pete is cool with me taking them. I will work my schedule around it."

Tegan was happy to know that the tickets wouldn't go to waste. Her phone started to buzz on the table. Tegan anticipated her evil plan falling into place.  It was a text message from Christian Lu. 'Where are you?' it read. Oh, what sweet satisfaction was this? Tegan could feel Scott's eyes on her but she didn't care. 'Out,' Tegan texted back.