Chapter 2 - Plotting Revenge

"How does someone just let it slip that they're going to meet with Red Jensen into a conversation?" Sera asked outraged with the turn of events. What else was she missing? Sera knew Rhea was having problems at her internship, but she didn't think it had anything to do with dating Red Jensen's producer. How did she forget to mention such a thing? If Sera was Warren's girlfriend, she would be posting that shit on Instagram. No, scratch that. All social media platforms would be showered with his face.

Shaking her head, Sera tried to rationalize Rhea's decision. When did she become so private? She used to be such an open book, anytime something big or dramatic happened, she would be calling her friends to whine about it. What the hell happened to the girl Sera used to know? Tegan seemed different too. Something entirely different was bothering her, and Sera didn't know if she could act oblivious anymore. Maybe this was her own fault for not being present in her friends' lives. Harry's career had kept her pretty busy during the last few months.

Finishing her earl grey, Sera picked up her plate of cake and scarfed it down. Leave to it her friends to have some fruit cake lying around in their fridge.

"I don't know where to begin," Tegan said, finishing her own slice. "Rhea's life has been pretty messed up lately."

"Forget about her," Sera scoffed. " Tell me why there is a black cloud following you around."

Tegan was taken aback. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"You've been faking smiles since I set my foot through the door," Sera informed. "I don't think you realize how bad you are at pretending to be okay. Why did Rhea leave you here by yourself when you're like this? Red Jensen can wait."

Tegan laughed, genuinely for once. "You're saying you put me before Red?" she asked. "Honey, I know you're trying to lift my spirits, but don't kid yourself. If you found him in my house you would tackle everyone in your path for an autograph."

Sera's eyes widened. "He was in your house?"

Tegan laughed.

Sera cleared her throat. "I--I mean, fine. I would have followed Rhea to meet Red if I thought everything was okay on your end. Thing is Tegan, it isn't. Something happened. Something big, and you're brushing it off, acting strong, and saying you're fine when you're not."

"Um, I really don't like that you know me so well."

"You don't have to tell me what it is, but don't pretend to be okay either." Sera moved in closer and hugged her friend tightly. "Just know that I'm here for you no matter what happens. If a guy did this then I'm prepared to dig his grave. If it was some bitch stepping out of line then I'm prepared to cut her. If it was Rhea then you know I'm on your side because I like you a lot better."

"Aw, Sera!" Tegan hugged her back. "You're the sweetest, you know that? I'm so glad you're here. I missed our talks."

"I'm here until I can't pay rent!" Sera declared moving back to her spot. She was surprised to find her friend tearing up. Sera took Tegan's hand and stroked it gently. "What happened? Seriously."

It took twenty minutes to take everything in. They had to stop halfway because tears started trickling down Tegan's face. Sera got up and found her a box of tissues and poured her a glass of water in the kitchen. Hell, she needed it. Rhea's problems were minuscule compared to Tegan's. Sera was only getting bits and pieces but one thing was for sure; this Christian mother fucker was dead. If Sera ever met him she was going to bash his head into a wall and watch him bleed out. Who the hell did he think he was using Tegan for sex? What set of balls did he have on him that he thought he could walk away after tearing her friend apart? He ought to sleep with one eye open.