Chapter 11 - Rookies

Sera couldn't stop starring at the three men occupying the elevator. They were so chic and daunting, with their trendy jackets, fitted dress shirts and khaki pants. The moment the steel doors opened, Sera's heart stopped beating. It became difficult to breathe as if their presence had teleported her mind into another dimension, a dimension where daylight reigned. Sera had never in her twenty-five years experienced such an exhilarating encounter.

"What floor?" she shuttered to speak.

"Penthouse," the man with the olive skin and silky blonde hair said.

Sera's life flashed before her eyes. Oh my god, was she sharing the elevator with famous people, who were also on their way to see the international pop star? Of course! Their clothes, posture and intense eye contact meant they had to be some type of performers. Oh, this was her lucky day. "Are you guys friends of Red Jensen?" Sera took a risk and asked.

The man with curly hair chuckled. "Not really," he replied. "Are you?"

Sera shook her head, dumbfounded. "Never met him in my life."

"Then this should be interesting," Curly hair said. "You're going to the penthouse too, aren't you? Are you one of Christian or Warren's friends?"

Warren. Yes, Sera could say that she knew him and it wouldn't be a lie. Nodding, she cleared her throat. "Warren, yeah. I met him a couple of days ago. How do you three know him?"

"Through Christian—"

"Don't say anything else," the third guy spoke. Out of the three, he was the most unnerving. His brown eyes were deep and russet. Strangely enough, he was the first to smile at Sera when she held the doors open for them, but his demeanour changed so quickly. He was on edge and defensive about something, but she couldn't tell what. It was safe to assume that he was a complicated person, he was the type who choose to be social on his own accord, yup, that would explain it.

"Chill," Curly Hair said. "If she wants to know then we can tell her. What do you think Jon?"

The olive-skinned man grinned. "Makes me feel a little special actually."

"Um," Sera tried to speak up and say that she had no idea what they were talking about, but the third guy's resting bitch face was strong. Taking a hint, she decided to mind her own business. Chic or not, the three of them were really strange. Why did they laugh when Sera asked if they were friends with Red Jensen? It was a bit unsettling, they made a joke out of it, like they were better than him or something. Not possible, she wanted to say aloud. Red Jensen was a global sensation. What the hell were they? If Sera, who was aware of almost all singers out there, didn't recognize them then that meant they were just starting out.

"Rookies," Sera whispered to herself. The elevator came to a sudden stop. Mr. Paranoid glared at her, evidently having a superior hearing ability. Sera decided not to care about them and focus on meeting her potential future husband. Stepping out of the metal contraption, she acknowledged the tall pillars leading into an open living area. The three men rushed by, leading her gaze to their backs. Jon was the first to greet a familiar face. Warren. He was standing next to a smiling Rhea. The person standing next to her was the international treasure. Red Fricken Jensen. Sera's mouth drew to the floor as her lungs struggled to breathe. He was a vision. The grey pants he had on suited him beautifully, complimenting his dress-shirt and visible tattoos.

Sera absorbed the transpiring Goosebumps as Red's bright brown eyes found her. "Oh my god," she let out. "Oh my god...oh my...god." Her heart, it was driving her insane, palpitating out of control.

Rhea ran over. Her friend faked a greeting and then whispered. "I can see it on your face, you're freaking out," she told Sera. "You need to calm down. There are other people here."