Chapter 10 - A True Fan

Rhea waited for her boyfriend by the front entrance of her favorite restaurant. It was nice being spoiled with food from time to time. Sad to say that even while she was dating Sean, she got used to him paying the bill. It didn't set well with her in the beginning, she wanted to treat Sean to something too, but it was different with the suit-wearer. Money wasn't an issue for him, not while he was producing songs for an international pop star.

"So are we still not allowed to talk about your brother?" Warren asked as they left the eatery together. "I bit my tongue before and even during dinner."

Rhea gave him a look. "Let's not."

"Well you're going to have to tell me at some point," Warren replied, holding her hand. "He's your brother and he's going to be living in the same city as you. Don't you think you should try to patch things up?"

Rhea didn't want to be insensitive about things. Warren had lost his older brother a few years ago, so of course he would try to get his girlfriend to mend the broken relationship with hers. At the same time, Rhea wasn't sure she could give in so easily. Harry had crossed a lot of lines growing up, he was overprotective, and nosy. If she allowed him access into her world, he would find a way to ruin things. Worst of all, he would somehow involve their parents into the matter.

"You don't know what he did!" Rhea retorted. "He's been nothing but a nuisance since I started dating."

"He's just trying to protect you, I'm sure." Warren tightened his hold on Rhea. She looked up at him as he leaned down to peck her lips. "If I had a cute sister like you, I would do the exact same thing."

Rhea raised her brow. "Are you taking his side? I can't believe it."

Warren laughed. "Well it's true," he replied. "Gordon and I used to fight all the time. He was really overprotective too and when I got into that rebellious phase, he got so fucken annoying. So, trust me. I know how you feel but it's important to understand his perspective too."

"Maybe I don't think want to," Rhea pouted. "He was so rude to you."

"I get that too," Warren added. "Brothers can't fathom that a guy like me would want to settle down and date someone seriously."

Rhea stopped walking. Moving in front of him, she held his waist. "You want to settle down and start a family some day?" she asked sweetly. "You want kids, a big yard with a picket fence and a dog to walk every morning?"

Warren shrugged. "Don't you?"

Rhea felt butterflies in her stomach. Wrapping her arms around his neck, she kissed his lips softly. "I do."

"Good," Warren kissed her back. "Because you're stuck with me and I'm not going to let go even if you want me to."

"I won't ever want you to."

They held each other under the glittering streetlights, as the downtown traffic surrounded them and strangers ambled by. This was what happiness must feel like, knowing that the person she could see a future with thought about the same things, and wasn't afraid to admit it.

-

Sera was desperate for an introduction with Red Jensen. Rhea wasn't surprised by her persistent text messages, but she wondered why she was rushing things. It wasn't like the international pop star was going anywhere. Plus, Tegan said she had concert tickets to giveaway. Couldn't she wait until then to meet him?

Sera's reply was quick, 'Uh no, I can't. Are you seeing him tonight? Are you going to his penthouse or whatever? I'm free! Let me meet you there! Send me the address and I'll drop everything for it!'