Chapter 24 - Sweet & Sour

Tegan chased after Sera. "Let's just get out of here," she said to her friend. Sera stopped in her tracks and turned around. "We can forget about this whole thing and leave," Tegan assured.

"I know," Sera sighed, holding her hair back. Most of the time, she was the coolest girl in the room. Her temper was always in check, and she never invested time and energy into something before assessing the situation. So, watching her lose her temper over Lance was a little concerning.

"What do you need me to do?" Tegan asked.

"I don't know," Sera exhaled. "I just can't deal with him right now, I'm sorry."

"Don't be," Tegan replied. She could hear the boys coming up behind them. "Can we help you?"she asked, blocking Lance's path.

"We could ask you the same question," Christian intervened. "Why is your friend being so rude to my client?"

Tegan was flabbergasted. "Your client is the one asking girls to meet him out of town. I should be asking you what's wrong with him!"

"I think I know why this is happening," Lance spoke up. When the wanna-be tried to move in closer to Sera, Tegan blocked him.

"Excuse me?" she scoffed. "Take a step back, because she clearly does not want to talk to you."

Lance spoke over Tegan. "I know we started things off on the wrong foot Serafina," he said, stuffing his hands in his pockets. "I apologise for that, but I really do think you have an amazing voice. I want to help you use it. Can't you reconsider?"

Tegan didn't have to look back to know that Sera was getting angrier by the minute. Then her eyes caught the other guys coming out of the studio. One of them smiled in her direction. At first, Tegan thought he was just soaking up the drama, but then he winked at her. Tegan rolled her eyes. She had no interest in dating little boys.

"What exactly did you do?" Christian asked Lance.

"Just a misunderstanding," Lance assured his manager. "Serafina, come on."

Tegan was appalled. "Am I invisible to you?" she asked, looking up at the sketch master. "I know I'm short, but I am still a person."

Christian came out of nowhere and got a hold of Tegan's wrist. He pulled her away and brought her to the side. Outraged, she forced her hand away and glared daggers at the jerk. "You of all people should not be testing me right now," she said.

"You're all friends for a reason," Christian commented. "I get that and respect it, but I'm going to need you to be a little more sweet and a little less sour, okay?"

Tegan raised her brow. "Don't use that sweet and sour analogy on me. And get the hell out of my way! I'm not sure if you can tell but Sera needs me to be sour because your friend is a legit sketch master."

"Lance is not a sketch master," Christian retorted.

Tegan peered around the asshole to see what happened to her friend. Lance had made it to her side, no thanks to Christian Lu, but Sera was refusing to acknowledge the wanna-be's existence. "A little feisty aren't we?" someone asked. It was the winker. He was making his way over with the other two boys. "What does it take to get a girl like you to calm down?"

Tegan faked a smile. "I don't know. What does it take for a guy like you to mind his own business? I'm betting it's a lot."

The winker and his posse laughed. "Well then," he said. "What does a guy have to do to get your phone number?"

Christian was quick to interfere. "She's not a very fun person to be around so you shouldn't waste your time wit her," he told the winker.

"What did he just say?" Sera yelled, having overheard everything. Giving the hand to Lance, she approached Christian Lu. "Are you trying to get him to lose interest in Tegan or do you genuinely mean what you just said?"