Chapter 20 - Intervention

Watching the international pop-star eat his eggs was a site for sore eyes. Who would have thought that something so trivial could turn Sera on? She couldn't stop the dirty thoughts from invading her mind. Red Jensen was too god-like, his eyes were warm and bright enough to soak in, and his tawny complexion flawless and kissable. How the hell did Rhea get over him? Oh right, because of the suit-wearer.

"Should I call you girls up on stage halfway through the concert?" Red asked showing his pearly whites.

Oh, all that is holy and true in this world, please let this moment never end, Sera thought.

"I don't think Chris will like that," Warren pointed out. He was half-done his breakfast bagel and fruit smoothie.

"Who the hell cares what that waste of space likes or doesn't?" Rhea grumbled picking at her florentine. "His opinion is officially irrelevant."

Her boyfriend was quick to have his friend's back. "You have to stop calling him that honey."

"Why?" Rhea snarled. "You guys call Nanaleech's dad the Devil, so don't tell us we can't call him a complete and total waste of space."

"Us?" Warren inquired.

"She's joking," Tegan gave a weak smile. Her breakfast poutine was almost done but her orange juice remained untouched.

"I don't know Christian very well," Sera spoke up next, sipping on her warm tea. It complimented her sugar crepes and fondu dip beautifully. "But I will have to agree with Rhea and say that he's not very nice. Also, Red you should totally be spontaneous on stage."

Tegan and Rhea nodded. "You should."

"Three against one," Red grinned at his producer. "Sorry War, better luck next time."

"I wasn't against the idea," Warren defended. "I'm just saying the media will turn the gesture into something ugly."

Red scoffed. "Fuck the media."

"Amen!" Sera chimed.

"You work in P.R," Rhea pointed out.

Brunch ended sooner than Sera wanted it to. The plan was to split up from the lovebirds while they went on a date in Ottawa, but Red wouldn't allow it. He said he still had time to kill before he met up with Christian. Tegan also tried to excuse herself, but Sera kidnapped her, and said her university friends could wait another hour or so. Red suggested they spend more quality time at the cozy eatery and enjoy the view from the patio. It sounded like a great idea to the owner, a scrawny hipster with a golden beard and green eyes. He said his team would be more than happy to accommodate.

"It's decided!" Red clapped his hands together. "We are staying here for a bit."

Rhea rolled her eyes. "So let me get this straight? Everyone here has places to be except the prince of pop and we are just going to change all of our plans to make sure he's entertained?"

"Sounds about right," Warren sighed.

The group made their way to the docks, escorted by a giddy waitress this time. Her glittering pupils couldn't steer away from Red or Warren, and at one point she even jokingly asked Tegan to pinch her. Sera laughed along, but inside she was feeling really petty, couldn't this girl just do her job without drooling over her friends? Was Sera allowed to think of Red and Warren as one of her own amigos now? Yes, course she was. They had bonded over brunch only minutes ago!

As everyone took a seat on the lavish lounge, Tegan came to have a quick word with Sera. "I just need someone to talk to," her friend said purposely excluding her roommate in the matter. "Is that okay?"