Chapter 6 - See You Again

Work was a bitch to get to the next morning. Traffic blurred with the rest of the world as Tegan's brain worked out a plan for Christian Lu. There was no telling when she would see him again and this time he wouldn't be the one catching her off guard. No, she was going to be the one with all the cards in her hands. It was going to be his turn to take the hits, one kiss wouldn't be enough to get through his head, he would need another night to crumble. Her body quivered remembering how excited her heart was beating in his hands. There was no alcohol to blame. No one to take fault of her raw emotions.

Tegan swallowed hard as she turned into her office parking lot. Swirled functioned fine without her, but her employers could still sense that there was something wrong with one of their lead auditors. Tegan didn't share any details or make excuses for herself. Life got the better of people sometimes and they just had to deal with it.

"Good morning," Tegan's assistant greeted. Whatever problems Lucy was dealing with last time were solved. Her gloomy aura and sloppy outfits were replaced with her usual risky outfit and manicured nails.

"Hi," Tegan said observing her black high heels. "You're looking a lot better than last week."

"I wish I could say the same about you," Lucy replied, with a hint of concern.

Tegan gave a simple smile. "Well, I'm glad you worked out whatever was keeping you down," she said. "It's good to see you back in your heels."

Lucy glowed. "That's cause I got an upgrade!" she giggled. "Out with the old and in with the new, and I'm not just talking about my shoes, if you catch my drift."

"I can assume."

"I'm talking about men," Lucy stated the obvious. "It's high time I stop worrying about making it right with my ex. I mean why do I have to take responsibility for everything when he's the one sleeping around? I'm sorry, I'm not a three time winning gymnast who can hump while doing the splits."

Tegan's eyes widened by the story. It was actually a little refreshing to hear about someone else's problems. "Really? Three time champion?"

Lucy nodded. "But you want to know something? Karma is a thing and it gave him a UTI," she laughed abruptly. "Called me in the middle of the night from the toilet saying he was sorry and that he needed me. Ass just wanted me to drive him to the emergency room. God, he is such a useless prick."

"You went with him?" Tegan couldn't believe it.

"Oh sure," Lucy informed. "And I'm so glad I did because if it weren't for Kurt's UTI then I wouldn't have met the man of my dreams. The coolest and sexiest nurse I have ever seen in my entire life. I mean, he is just so0o0o0o...incredibly hunky."

"He's a nurse?"

"Yeah! And a great lover."

"Okay," Tegan drawled moving into her office.

Lucy followed her inside apologizing for kissing and telling.

"I'm glad you found someone that makes you happy," Tegan told her. "I hope Kurt's UTI gets better."

"He'll live," Lucy bushed off. "Oh, and before I forget to tell you about the new shipment files, they're on your table and need signatures. Also, our Oshawa branch phoned and said they wanted to work with your freelance cameraman. Millie forwarded his information to them. I wasn't sure how you would feel about that but I thought I should tell you."

Tegan was impressed with the new and improved Lucy. For once she was acting competent. "Thanks," she said. lI'll sign the paperwork and have it faxed over."

Lucy saw herself out. Tegan took a seat in her chair and turned to look out her widow. The skies were cloudless and the sun beautifully bright. It was such a nice morning and yet she was still feeling like shit. What a waste, she thought. Pulling out the new shipment paperwork, she reviewed its content and signed her name off on the bottom. What was the other thing Lucy said about Kingston? They wanted to work with Scott Trevor? Her hands felt stiff thinking about him. After the whole Christian Lu thing, she couldn't even bother with her former crush. Maybe it was time to put all that nonsense behind her and accept his friendship. Tegan did treat him a little poorly the last time. It wasn't good timing on his part but still. He never promised to date her or woo her. Then again, if he had another girl he was worrying about, he should have just said so. Tegan was allowed to be mad at him for that, but she really didn't see a point in holding grudges. Revenge on Christian Lu would be enough to satisfy her.