Chapter 8 - Walk of Shame

Sera yawned and entered the spacious kitchen. It was official. Mocha-Man came from a house of money. How else would a part-time bartender be able to afford such a beautiful apartment? Sera couldn't recall much from last night as she had indulged in a lot of alcohol, but waking up in an extravagant bed with hardwood flooring and lavish curtains was enough to convince her that she could end up dating royalty. Jack did say his brother owned Normally Lit and that they were opening up different locations in Ottawa and Montreal.

"Coffee, coffee," Sera droned hoping to get her brain working again. Sleeping in worked out really well but she was surprised to find Jack also passed out. It was way past lunchtime. Didn't he have to get to his job? Sera had an excuse, she couldn't start her job until Harry had a meeting with his sponsors tonight, was Jack a slacker? Sera told herself not to think about it too much. She didn't sleep with him to date him, it was just a fling, nothing more and nothing else. What he did with his time wasn't her business.

"That's right," Sera took a seat on one of them many stools set around the island counter. If he had a lot of money then she could potentially want to date him seriously.

"Hey," a groggy voice murmured.

Sera turned to find Mocha-Man waddling out of the bedroom. He was a mess, a hot mess, but still. "Morning," she said just as groggy. "Where could I get some coffee?"

Jack worked the kitchen with one eye-open and somehow managed to grind fresh coffee for them. He even offered to turn hers into a latte. Sera graciously refused and said she didn't need to be fancy, just feasible.

"Don't you have a job?" Jack asked, taking a seat on the stool beside her.

Sera scoffed. "I could ask you the same, but I guess I already know the answer to that night-shift-employee."

His mouth curved. "You look really sexy in my shirt by the way," he said taking note of her wardrobe. "Kind of makes me want to replay last night."

Sera rolled her eyes. "Coffee first, shower second and then—"

"A shower with you would be great," Jack cut her off.

His blunt comments weren't startling. Sera had picked him out because of his straightforward personality. He complimented her and she enjoyed the attention, so there was no reason to get upset with him. He was just being himself. Sera had to deal with the situation realistically and let him know where the line was and if he was allowed to cross it.

"As fun as that sounds," she began taking a sip. "I don't particularly enjoy morning sex so I'll pass for now. Thanks."

"It's technically the afternoon," Jack pointed out going up behind her. He wrapped his hands around her neck and took a deep breath. "And you smell so good too."

Sera got up. "I'll smell better once I shower," she told him.

"Alright," Jack backed away. "I can take a hint. You want to shower and wash up, you can go ahead and do that. Meanwhile, I'll make us something to eat. How does that sound?"

Sera was skeptical. "Only if you don't hit on me during, before or after the meal."

Jack's jaw drew to the floor. "Oh, that's cold. Come on, are you saying you're not interested in me at all anymore? Was I that bad last night?"

Sera's cheeks flushed a little. "It's not that you were bad," she told him. "It's that I'm trying to make a classy exit and if you hit on me, it'll just keep me here longer."

"And we wouldn't want that now would we?" He laughed pointing his finger to one of the closets to the far side. "Extra towels are in there if you would like one and in case you want me to join, I suggest you leave the door open."