Intoxication - Saeran

a/n: Ya'll I've been gone for so long and i have no excuse, there were times where I was too busy but other times i literally was doing nothing. but i'm back with this update.

Father!Saeran X Daughter! Reader

-

People had different definitions of intoxication or the state of being intoxicated. Many associated it with love, others with the state of being drunk with physical alcohol. Personally I associated intoxication with my alcoholic father.

He quite honestly over abused his access to alcohol, and of course it affected, not only his body health, but as well as me, his only child, and our living conditions. The house we lived in was small, and we barely had any wardrobe. The house only had 4 rooms, and one tv. My room, Dads room, the kitchen, and the living room (using the complexes public bathroom rather than having our own. We often ate out, not at expensive restaurants or buffets, but more or so the local convinience stores, and fast food places, it was honestly quite cheaper than at home meals.

But because of my lack of wealth, people often inferred that my fathers drinking habits, affected me in an abusive way, when really it was quite the opposite.

When my father is 'intoxicated' he recites his hopes, and beliefs, his 'futuristic' outlook on our time ahead. His biggest hope or prediction was a rise in our wealth, and healthy bond.

"Soon enough we'll be sitting on diamonds. Don't you worry Y/n, we'll be alright, just fine, just fine." He'd always say. Beer or shot in his hand, old dramas long forgotten in his preaches.Id simply nod along.

For he wasn't intoxicated with alcohol, he was intoxicated with where it bought him, and I had no idea where that was.

-

"Dad?" I called in the house, dropping my book bag by the door and slipping off my shoes, replacing them with house slippers. I stood still for a second after that, not hearing the slightest of noises.

"Dad?" I say one more time, panning my eyes across the living space, the couch was left abandoned, and the kitchen was vast.

After searching both our rooms i realized he was gone, at first I hadn't panicked, knowing him he probably left to restock on his "beverages" but time had slowly increased, seconds turning to minutes, minutes turning to hours. Before i knew it the hours could turn to days. As it got late i knew I was in trouble, or more like he was, but I couldn't let myself panic, so simply slipped my shoes back on and head right back out the door. I wandered around the more populated places for a while, mostly around liquor or dollar stores, but no avail. Eventually I had started wandering aimlessly around parks, my mind was in such a panic that everything became a distant haze. But then I heard a familiar voice.

"C'mon ducks, come over." My head whipped to the sound of my fathers voice, Seeing him on the bridge of a nearby pond, trying to feed the ducks a lone piece of bread.

"SAERAN CHOI!" i screeched, startling not only the people around me but as well as my father and the ducks.

When he turned to me i knew he was drunk , his cheeks were dusted pink and his eyes looked lost staring at me, it took a while before he smiled.

I jogged over there, glaring at him and sending a light flick upon his head.

"You worried me."

"You don't get to call me Saeran kiddo." He stumbled, poking me a little bit too hard.

I stood quiet for a while, causing him to lean on the bridges border, staring out at the sunset over the pond.

"Why do you do it? Why are you so intoxicated?" I mumble towards him in no particular manner or meaning.

I hadn't known why I said that, but I was glad I did.

He was silent for a long while, background noise being the only thing comforting you.

"To get back to her, my oasis."

"And who might that be?"

"Rika."

---------

guys im so sorry that i never update, honestly i came up with this last minute but I really liked the idea. I apologize for being so lazy and unaware of you guys. I love you all, thank you for the support. -author