Chapter 13: I Always Did Wonder About You

ابدأ من البداية

I gripped Charlie's leash and smiled up at Ace. "Goodbye, Ace." He smiled down at me and shook his head. "You're not leaving town yet." I shrugged as I threw my hands in the air, letting them hit my thighs as they fell. "Just in case." I smiled and he laughed as he shook his head and I walked into the living room where Lylia and Tim disappeared too. "I'm heading out now." Lylia pulled me into a hug and hugged me tight. I pulled back and smiled at her. "I love you." I smiled wider at her. "I love you too." She dropped her arms and I walked to Tim, embracing him. He kissed the top of my head and I tightened my grip. "Be safe, kiddo." I nodded and pulled back. "I love you." He smiled down at me, "I love you too, kid." I smiled back and with that, Charlie and I walked out the front door.

Once I got to Belle and Jake's house, everyone was there and ready to head to the airport. I walked into the house and everyone jumped up. "Finally!" Belle heaved a sigh and I held my hands up in defense. "I'm here aren't I?" I mockingly said and she rolled her eyes. "We gotta go or you're going to miss your plane." I rolled my eyes, but didn't reply. Belle was going to drive my car back to my house once we got to the airport so I didn't have to pay for parking. Tyler was going to ride with me and everyone else was going to go with Jake and Belle.

The ride was filled with whatever the radio played for a little bit until Tyler spoke first. "Are you excited?" I nodded and shrugged. "Shouldn't I be?" He nodded and laughed lightly. "A normal person would be. You've completed something so amazing in such a short amount of time. It's something to be proud of." I nodded. "I know." He tapped my right hand that was sat on the center console and I glanced to him and smiled.

"It's not going to be the same without you, Lay." I sighed and tried not to cry. "Oh stop, you guys are gonna do great, I'm not going to be long. I promise." I glanced at Tyler and he smiled at me, causing me to reciprocate.

We arrived at the airport, parked and climbed out of our cars. I grabbed Charlie's leash and my plane ticket and Tyler grabbed my suitcase. I smiled gratefully at him and we all walked into the big building. We stopped just before security and I looked back at my friends. Belle pulled me into a hug and I hugged her tightly. "I'll be back soon." She nodded, "I know." I pulled back and smiled at her. I pulled Jake into a hug. "You take care of her." He hugged me back and I could hear his grin. "Haven't I always?" I laughed lightly and nodded.

I walked to Tyler and pulled him into me. "I'm going to really miss you, kid." I smiled into his chest and Connor pried him off. "My turn." He joked and I smiled as he pulled me into him. "Find whatever you're looking for, Lay. You deserve the best. I hope you find yourself." I nodded and hugged him tighter. "I hope you find whoever you're looking for." Tayla was last and her eyes were brimming with tears. I rolled mine with a smile and pulled her to me. "I'm not moving, you know." She sniffled into my shoulder. "I know, but still." I laughed and pulled back.

"I'm gonna need a house sitter, you know. I was actually wondering if you'd wanna move in with me. We could talk about rent and everything when I get back." She grinned at me. "Are you serious?" I nodded with a smile as I handed her a key. "Move in while I'm not there." She took the key into her hand and smiled at me. "Thank you, Lay." I grinned at her and hugged her one last time. "No problem." I glanced down at my phone and saw the time. "It's time to go." I whispered as I looked back up at everyone. They all nodded and waved at me. I waved back and started to walk toward security to get ready to get on my plane. I stood in the line that had formed and waited my turn.

"Layne!" A voice called a little ways down the hall and I looked for the voice. "Laney?" He called and I searched for him. He reached our friends and asked Jake hurriedly if he missed me. Jake shook his head and pointed to me and he quickly glanced up at me and I waved sheepishly. He grinned as he walked towards me.