Chapter 22: The Silent Treatment

All rights Reserved ©
JOSIEFRANK

Follow Wattpad account for more updates and official announcements....

Don't forget to vote and comment...

Edited...

Alexanda's P.O.V.

“Its been a week since Ollie's been discharge and all she does is either fret about the babies or busy herself with taking care of the imperial Responsibilities, she busied herself in preparing for balls, fundraiser and other unfinished projects....

“I can feel she's changed!

“It's like she doesn't care anymore.....

“Maybe am just exaggerating but when I meant “she doesn't care” it means she doesn't really care about “Me”. It's like she's detached herself from me, I know I made a mistake but this is just too much.

“When I finally confessed my feelings to Ollie, she never replied back. Which is quite disappointing, it's like she's trying to put this gap and distance between us and not knowing the reason behind all this makes me so mad...

“I try to calm my nerves as I hurry into the baby's nursery. Knowing by now, she's there to feed the babies and nurse them. I try to push back all the negative thoughts swerving in my head as I step into the nursery.

“I never knew she had a nursery designed for the babies which was wrong on my part, I might be King but am actually useless at things like this. Could that be the reason behind this silent treatment?”I thought to myself...

“Alex? What are you doing here?”He asks with a look of surprise evident in her face.

“I seriously can't believe this is the first full sentence she has said to me since arriving from the hospital, she's being real quiet since her discharge from the hospital...

“I took time out of my schedule to come watch the babies sleep, have been quite ignorant haven't I?”I say moving closer to the cribs as I stared adorably at her.

“We made this?”I ssy staring at them in wonder...

“They look really beautiful just like their mother”I them whisper slowly as I stare at her with such intensity.

“The room went heavy with silence until I whispered ...

“I should'nt have said the things I said the other day, I now realize I behaved like a jerk. I hurt your pride and it was wrong”I say.

“Maybe I should have taken things slow...”I murmur

“It's fine, there's no need to apologise”She says as she tries to bypass me.

“My ex wife was murdered by my uncle”I say finally saying the very words I should have said before making things so complicated...

“Regina died because of my incompetence and foolish, we were young back then. I was young and arrogant even when I knew my enemies I never thought they would strike that easily, I underestimated them and that cost Regina her life”I say sorrowfully...

“She was pregnant when she was killed that night, I never got the chance to say goodbye and I lost her. I don't want to lose you too”I say sadly...

“Ever since her death, have been so closed up. I built walls around me but when I met you, you broke those walls down like they were nothing”I say....

“I never knew you cared”She says as her frozen expression turns to one with sympathy...

“I do care infact I've always had. I just wanted to be cautious, I was scared that my love would be your prison and your end so I said nothing, did nothing and expressed nothing”I said as I moved towards her.

“I love you”I say my voice thick with emotions..

“Well that's surprising, because it's not a word one hears every time, I understand you Alex I really do..”She says ...

“But why now?”She asks...

“Why tell me now?”She says as she stares at me with a confused look..

“I..."Before I could even utter a word she says..

“You don't get to tell me now, because during my stay here you've already shown me what you really love about me, and it's all just physical. So don't confuse love to Lust”She says blandly.

“I understand you didn't grow up the way I did, I might have grew up with my divorced parents but that doesn't mean I wasn't loved. But you, you grew up with greedy Sycophants as your close allies, a uncle who is a murder I guess that's brutal” she says  heaving out.

“If what you said was true then how could you leave your heavily pregnant wife at home, even though you have all the money in the world you didnt ask me what I wanted for myself. Or what I really needed, instead you misunderstood things especially with Jeremy. You think you're the only one who gets angry or jealous, if only you had just stayed with me”She says quitely...

“Even if you wanted to push me away to protect me, you could have handled things better, you might think Hailey words shocked me but your words that night was the key to my reaction that night. I didn't want to believe the lies she told me because I knew her tactics and I know when she's just bluffing to ruffle my edges, but I believe her that day"I said slowly...

“I was made to believe her words thanks to yours..

“You don't really love me Alex, Because if you did. You would have been more observant, and I know our relationship was just physical for the most part but a part of me thought you cared about me. I just didn't realize it sooner that you could be so oblivious about somethings”She says angrily ....

“When you're done close the door on your way out please”She then says in a dismissive tone as she turned away from me in silence.

“That gap and distance enlongating by the second.

“She moves further into the room and sat on a Queen sized bed, I didn't notice before. Glancing around the room I could see she's already moved all her stuff into the room.

“How can I fix this?”I suddenly ask as my heart clenches..

“How can I proof to you that I've changed and that I love you so much that it hurts”I whisper not recognizing my voice.

“I don't know, just leave me for now. Just let me be this time, you're always good at it”She whispers huskily...

“As I stepped out of the room shutting the door, I pressed my head on the closed door holding my breath as my heart thundered in the most painful way...

“I could hear her sobbing her eyes out and the sound of her tears felt like glass shards slashing at my heart.

Hy lovers,

Don't forget to vote and comment guys...

Best regards
Josie Frank