Coues chuckled once Faith came to his side. "He's quite the character, isn't he?"

Faith said nothing as he pushed ahead. She smiled.

She'd only complained once. Was that what he counted as too much?

Nonetheless, she still couldn't quell the beating heart within her chest.

****

Mitchel sighed as he attempted to pull the shirt over his head. It was an unsuccessful attempt. He had been in a coma for about a month, but that didn't mean he was completely helpless.

He was an angel. He would heal easily.

Why he went into a coma was confusing, though. No angel had ever fallen into a comatose state. They typically healed easily. Perhaps it was the specific blade, or nature of the wound?

He didn't know much about the demon who'd stabbed him. Xezal was his name. He'd have to do some research with Andrea about it.

Mitchel couldn't help the smile that appeared on his face as soon as he thought of her. He had to have been the luckiest guy in the world to score a girl like her.

Andrea and him had always been close. Even when they barely knew each other there was this sense of them just needing t be in contact with one another. Her touch comforted him whenever he put a hand on her shoulder, or rested his heads on hers. Her voice would flow over him, calming every single fiber of his being. Even when neither of them knew a thing about one another, they had always felt this intense need to protect one another.

Mitchel had no idea why, but perhaps it was because of what she was. A Daeva, half-angel, half-demon.

When Mitchel first met her parents, he immediately sensed something off about both her parents. Her mother had a faint angelic aura. The same auras fallen angels possessed.

Angels despised those who fell. Not only would they tear their wings out, they'd erase their memories of ever being an angel and steal away any power they had. Falling was difficult to do. It typically involved being involved with someone considered forsaken.

That didn't explain the demon part of Andrea, though. If one of her parents was a fallen angel, then how did she also have demon within her? It explained Caleb, but not Andrea.

Mitchel sighed. Maybe one day he'd find out. Hopefully soon.

Maybe Caleb would know something. He was a Monster Hunter, after all. That would mean that he'd potentially know about his little sister. He had to have known what she was.

Mitchel sighed, eventually pulling the shirt over his head. His muscles were still stiff. Moving around more would help.

He'd woken up two days ago. In that time, Andrea had spent almost the whole time with him, even sleeping on the bench in his room one night. He'd been able to see his other friends as well. The Monster Hunters, however, had not come to visit. He wondered if it was because they didn't like him, or rather, couldn't face him.

He stood up, wobbling slightly. It'd take some getting used to, but he would be able to move more easily soon. Mitchel grabbed the bag of stuff he had. Andrea was waiting for him. She said she would take him to where he was staying.