Chapter Seven: Cornered

Start from the beginning

Em shook her head. She knew where he wanted to take her and she can't trust herself around him. What happened this morning was proof that she was weak and she let him seduce her. Never again.

"Why can't you come with me?"

"Leave me alone Damian."

"Please, Rose. I may not have another chance."

"We can't Damian. You know we can't."

"I love you Rose."

Em stared at him not believing what she just heard. Did he just confess to her? What the devil's name has gotten into him? But what she saw told her that he meant it, just like how he meant all those years ago. Her eyes began to water and her voice was quivering.

"I love you, too Damian." There, she said it now. "But we can't do this anymore, you are to be married."

Damian sighed and knelt down in front of her, his hand brushed her tears away, "Rose, don't cry. I hate to see you like this."

"Please Damian, just leave me be."

"I can't. Do you see? We love each other, why should we deny what we can have for a short while?"

Em raised her eyes and locked her gaze into his, "Is that what you are proposing? That we be together for a short period of time? And then what? I become your mistress while you sleep away with your wife?"

Damian stiffened, he never expected such outburst from her. He knew she was a soft and gentle girl—now a woman. She completely took the words out of his mouth.

"It does not have to be a short one, Rose. I can get us a cottage far from the town, you could live your own life. I can get you your own servants and even a carriage. I can provide for you. You don't have to be a servant forever, all I wish is that you become mine."

It was a tempting offer, why deny herself of the chance to be with him? A cottage would be a nice idea, with a carriage and have her own servants? Now that's a luxury. But then, she did not deserve luxury nor did she deserve this man. She was not meant to remain a servant forever nor was she meant to be a mistress either. 

She touched Damian's hand and squeezed slightly. He leaned in close and laid a soft kiss on her lips, so soft it felt like a brush of feathers. She closed her eyes but Damian drew back, when she did not protest he leaned back again and gave her another peck. Still, she did not say No. The third time Damian pressed his lips to her she kissed him back.

Her hands curled behind his head, she felt those soft curls. Em held him still while he knelt as if she was drinking from him. Damian held her waist and let her do what she wanted. Their lips danced with each other, hungry and moist as they suckled air and refused to break free.

For a moment Em forgot where she was and what she was supposed to be doing. Her cloak had parted on her side, revealing a thin dress that had been in fashion years ago. Damian found his way upwards and she felt his hands just below her breasts. He was teasing her and her body was reacting to it. She arched her back to give him better access, Damian took it and cupped her left breast.

She almost cried out but he swallowed all her protests on his mouth. Damian had risen slightly to get a better angle and managed to push her back into the couch. His knees parted her legs and she felt warm all over, specially on the part between her legs. There was a sudden wetness she did not know was there awhile ago.

The kiss went on and on. Em thought she was drowning, her lungs no longer able to get enough air but she refused to let go of his lips. Damian had now managed to join her on the couch, straddling her. His breath came uneven as his fingers continued to touch her body.

She was on fire, like she was getting a deadly fever. Wherever his fingers landed it sent her to another level of heat. She couldn't help but writhe beneath him. Damian broke the kiss and dove his head down to her neck, he suckled on her skin as if she was some ripe fruit.

His hand went under her skirt and was touching her legs, he was gentle, like a potter tracing the clay to perfection. He did not miss every inch until he had found her most private part.

Em cried out and that pulled her back to reality. She stared at Damian but he was still suckling at her neck, his hand was making it's way to remove her drawers. No, she can't let him do this. She wriggled out of his hold and pushed his chest away.

"Rose?"

They were both breathing hard, like they had just been running. Em gulped, the heat was still there, she could feel. Damian could still feel it. But this has to stop.

"No, Damian. My maiden head belongs to my husband."

His eyes went wide as he realized what they were about to do. As if drenched by cold water, he got off her and raked his hair.

"Damnation!"

He paced around the small corner. Em straightened her clothes as much as she could, her cloak provided her security. She tugged into it and covered herself in modesty.

"I'm sorry Rose. I did not mean to force myself unto you."

Em bit her lower lip, her eyes were itchy again. No, she can't cry now. She bowed her head to hide her face.

"Leave me be, Damian."

He was silent. Not even his breath can be heard. Em looked up and saw that he was gone.