Chapter 45

My heart was hammering inside of my chest as I scribbled down the answers to the maths equations, printed out on Brandon's sheet. My English teacher hasn't shown up to class yet which meant I still had a little bit more time to complete it.

"What are you doing?" My body jolted up in my seat as warm lips brushed against my ear. Glancing to my side, I calmed down once I saw Blake sitting down on the chair next to me.

"N-Nothing" I stuttered nervously. What the hell was wrong with me?
I mentally scowled myself for acting so dumb. I have known Blake for quite some time now, yet I still couldn't talk right without him effecting my words?
My heart clenched inside my chest, once Brandon came into my mind. I instantly felt bad for lying to Blake but I didn't have a choice did I?
Your doing the right thing. I kept chanting to myself.

But was I? I couldn't help but second guess myself. If I was doing the right thing, why didn't it feel right?

I scrunched my eyes shut in response. Get out of my head!

"Are you okay?" I swallowed roughly, my throat beginning to feel as though it was closing up. What the hell was wrong with me?
Tears began to prickle in the corner of my eyes. I hated lying to him. Ugh why did I feel so terrible? Why was I getting so worked up about this?
I had a gut feeling, a bad, nagging feeling in the bottom of my stomach.

"Heaven look at me" I blinked rapidly, adjusting my eyes so that I was now looking into Blake's ones. His eyebrows scrunched determinedly together, like he was fixated on trying to figure something out. His blue eyes were hardening by the second as he continued to stare at me with such intensity, I felt as though he could see straight past my lie.

"I-I'm sorry I just zoned out" Stuttering again? Really?!

I tried to play it off like it was nothing but I had a feeling I was already digging up my own grave, because it didn't look like he believed me. His lips pressed into a thin line as he stared at me.

"Your coming to mine after school right?" alarm bells instantly began to signal inside of my head. Shit! I completely forgot about the play Friday.

"Maybe we should just skip today, and practice tomorrow" I began to fiddle with my fingers nervously.

Blake's eyes narrowed. "Do you have somewhere else to be?" If I didn't know any better, I'd say that he was jealous but his feelings towards me was the least of my problems right now. I was supposed to be meeting Brandon after school. But I suppose giving him the sheet won't take too long.

"I-I mean yeah, your house" I swallowed. "After school, I'm in." I quickly glanced back down, shakily wrapping my fingers around my pencil.

"I thought you finished that assignment at lunch?" Blake's voice was cold. The hairs on my neck prickled upwards at the tone of his voice. He was so onto me.

"Yeh we did, I'm just finishing it off quickly" I managed to whisper before swiftly answering the last three questions. Weight lifted off of my shoulders once I had finished. Folding the paper, I neatly put it into my bag before turning around to face him.

"You have been acting like this ever since lunch time Heaven" my heart rate increased once he said my name. It was a warning. He only ever spoke my name that way when he was serious.

"Did Brandon say anything to you?" He leaned forward. I didn't meet his eyes, knowing that if I did, there was no way I was going to be able to keep a straight face and lie fluently.

"No" I said quickly. Too quickly which Blake noticed. His stare on me hardened even further, his eyes narrowing into slits now. However, before he could open his mouth to reply, our English teacher came walking through the door. I mentally sighed in relief.