Chapter 37

My whole body froze in shock.

"What?" I managed to choke out. I stared at the floor not knowing how to feel.

Should I be scared? Worried for my life?

"How come you have just told me this now?!" I yelled.

Omg omg omg

I began to pace back and forth, in attempt of processing this all. Luke's hands swiftly shot out before he softly grabbed a hold of my shoulders, keeping me still. His eyes held worry in them as he stared at me hard.

"Calm down Heaven, please do not be scared. Blake and I will take care of it" he shook me softly.

I looked up at him, slightly confused again.

"What do you mean Blake and I? Why is this your problem? Shouldn't it be Blake's problem? Why are you a part of this? Why aren't Alec or Jake involved? You are in high school for goodness sakes!" All these questions were forming inside my head as I just stood there desperately waiting for Luke to reply.

He gave me a half smile before laughing at me softly.

Well I'm glad he finds my panicking so amusing

"Blake is my cousin"

I blinked.

Silence.

I blinked again.

Silence.

By now I'm pretty sure my mouth was nearly touching the floor.

I stood there, staring at him with my mouth a gap like he had just told me pigs could fly.

"How did I not know this? Why was this never mentioned to me before?!" I exclaimed, throwing my hands in the air.

I was completely mind blown.

I mean they both had dark hair despite Blake's being black and Luke's being brown and they both had blue eyes but different shades. But they had completely different face and body structures.

Come to think of it, Luke was the nice one of the group, he wasn't the scary type or the flirty type or the cheeky type, he was probably in the 'bad boy' group because of being related to Blake.

"But..but you look nothing a like!" I blurted out in defence, making Luke laugh loudly.

"We aren't brothers Heaven we aren't twins, we are related.  We don't have to share the same facial features to be cousins and as for telling everyone, it never came up. Alec and Jake of course know but you and the rest of the girls besides sky don't" he said, amusement clearly evident in his eyes.

I rolled my eyes playfully at him, feeling like an idiot.

I can't believe Blake didn't tell me!

"Half of the reason why Blake is always pushing you away is because he doesn't want you to be known to all of this, he wants to keep you out of it because he cares about your safety" Luke said, before continuing.

"That day you and Caroline saw us at one of the fighting rings, the reason Blake was so angry that you were there was because he didn't want to be seen with you. Blake cared about you at that point, he had a soft spot for you. I knew he had feelings for you by then and Vince must have known that too. He must have been watching the two of you the whole time to know that you meant something to him. Even though Blake didn't kiss you, the romantic affection was still there and I'm guessing Vince mistook that as you being Blake's girlfriend"

I was lost for words.

"I don't know what to say" I spoke breathlessly

"You don't need to say anything. I have more information that I need to tell Blake that's why I'm looking for him. I will tell him after class but for now pretend you don't know, I will tell him you know when I speak to him." Luke ran his fingers through his hair as he spoke.