Chapter 12

The girls bathroom stank. The odour of urine curled from under the restroom doors, depressingly mixed with deodorant and body odour. The ridiculously rich smell of cheap perfume burnt my nose, as I made my way into the hallway. The hauls were crowded with unfamiliar faces, representing the chaos of a Monday afternoon.

I hugged my books tighter in my arms as my thoughts instantly drifted onto Blake. The little moment we shared Saturday night was something I couldn't get out of my mind. Finding out that he fought illegally not only confirmed the rumours about him but supported the belief that he was completely dangerous. Whether he treated people with respect, whether he cursed or said harmful things, he still had a heart. I was privileged enough to see that, his good side. I've experienced it.
The story behind him consumed my thoughts. I was so fascinated with the idea of figuring him out and I had no idea Why.

The bad boy facade was all an act. I knew that for a fact. He is protecting himself from something; which meant he was hurting inside.

A frown stretched onto my face at the mere thought. Coming to a stop in front of my locker, I shoved my history textbooks in before closing it shut.

Turning on my heel, i froze dead in my tracks. Brandon was at his locker opposite me. His face barely recognisable. Bile began to rise in my throat. My heart twisted with guilt as I stared at him. The memories from Friday night instantly clouded my vision, causing a long shudder to travel down my spine.

I tried not to cringe at how bad he looked. His left eye was severely swollen. The bruise faded purple and yellow down the left side of his face. Gashes of cuts was exposed on his other cheek, along with a busted lip. Basically, he looked like he had walked through hell and back.

"Hey Heaven!" My whole body jerked in the air completely startled by the sound of Caroline's voice.

I turned around, desperately roaming my eyes along the halls in hopes of finding a particular bad boy.

"Where's Blake?" I questioned her. I wanted to confront  him about Brandon. I feel like he went too far.

"Are you okay?" She raised an uneasy eyebrow. I nodded, smiling brightly. "I just really need to speak with him" I muttered softly.

"Tell everyone I'll see them at lunch" I waved, turning on my heel before she could protest. Rounding the corner I began to walk to the one place I knew Blake would be. The back of the school.

Walking out of the building, I shivered as the cool air nipped at my skin. I crossed through the parking lot to the other side where an unintentional sitting area was. It basically consisted of four pieces of large wood that could be used as something to sit on.

My stomach fluttered as soon as I saw him.

Legs apart, he sat on one of the wooden logs with a cigarette hanging between his lips.

My nose immediately scrunched up in disgust. I hated smoking.

Marching up to him, i placed my hands on my hips as soon as I came to a stop in front of him.

Silence.

He wore a bored expression on his face, along with an innocent smirk.

"Yes?" His voice was laced with sarcasm.

I narrowed my eyes at him.

"First of all. Get that damn cigarette out of your mouth it's disgusting and second of all. What did you do to Brandon's face?" I snapped.

Wisps of grey smoke danced through the thick, hazy air as he took another puff. I made the stupid choice to inhale in which the smoke filled my lungs. I began to throw a complete coughing fit, glaring daggers in Blake's direction. He did that on purpose!