Chapter 23

I walked down the school halls, eager to get to my locker so I can get out of this hell hole.

Caroline's words kept replaying inside my head as I walked.
The loud chattering of students and clashing of metal lockers made it hard for me to think.

Is that really what everyone thought?

That Blake likes me?

I mean why would he? I just didn't get it. There were no signs at all as to why Caroline thought he liked me back, he just can't. He doesn't like anyone in that way and he has been an asshole to me since day one. I guess he did have his sweet moments and he did look out for me in his own kind of way but like me?

No.

I don't believe it.

It made my head hurt just thinking about it. I'm meant to be getting rid of my feelings for him but here I am thinking about if he likes me back. I needed to focus and keep all of the hopeful thoughts of Blake and I out of my mind.

Because it wasn't going to happen.

And it never will.

•••

"Hey babe"

I rolled my eyes slamming my locker door shut before turning around to come face to face with Alec, who was smirking down at me with a cheeky glint in his eyes.

Slinging my bag over my shoulder, I walked past him, ignoring his chuckle that echoed through the empty halls.

"What do you want Alec?" I rolled my eyes as he continued to follow behind me. He was quiet for a moment almost like he wanted to say something but decided against it. I continued walking down the halls weaving in and out of people that parted for Alec like he was some kind of God.

I pushed past the school doors, walking through the parking lot.

I narrowed my eyes when I saw my Blake's Motorbike next to my car.

Oh the nerve.

"Are you just going to stare at my bike all day or move so I can get out of this shitty place?"

My whole body froze at the sound of his voice. His deep husky voice that always seemed to make me shiver whenever he stood close to me.

Like he was doing right now.

I must have been lost in my thoughts that I didn't notice how far I had walked until I looked around and saw that I was in fact standing right next to my car and right in front of Blake's bike.

Choosing to ignore the jerks presence, I simply moved out of his way and opened my car door, about to get in when his voice stopped me.

"You going to keep ignoring me Kitten?" I grounded my teeth together in annoyance at the pet name.

"Don't fucking call me that." My words came out slightly harsher than I intended them to.

Oh well.

I looked at him out of the corner of my eye to see his jaw clench and unclench.

"Look. I'm sorry about kissing you at the beach and leaving you without an explanation. Is that what you wanted to hear?"

I have to admit I was not expecting an apology. Especially after the I don't give a shit act he pulled in class.

I turned my body around slightly, not enough so I was facing him but enough so I could see his facial expression. His eyes didn't hold that cheeky glint in them but something else that I couldn't quit put my finger on. To be honest he looked quite tired and it pissed me off because it worried me.

I guess since I was trying not to look at him in class I didn't have a chance to properly study his face. His eyes were a bit drained, almost like he didn't get enough sleep last night. His hair was tousled messily to the side and his stance wasn't intimidating and strong like it usually was, instead it was week and slumpy.

It made me wonder what was wrong with him. He seemed himself at the restaurant last night but n-

"Stop staring at me." His deep voice cut me out of my thoughts.

"I'm not" I said breathlessly. My cheeks reddened in embarrassment.

Trying not to give in so easily, I turned back around and got into my car.

Before I could press my foot on the pedal and speed off, Blake was at my car door in a flash, placing his hand on the door of my car telling me to stop.

I rolled my eyes but rolled the window down anyway so I could hear what he had to say.

"Don't ignore me." My mouth went dry at his words.

"Please. You don't have to forgive me but listen to me. We don't have to be best friends but don't ignore me. It's fucking killing me."

I blinked.

I blinked twice.

I somehow couldn't believe that he was pleading for me to speak to him. His eyes bored into mine as I struggled to come up with something to say.

Dammit. Why does he have to be like this for? One minute he can make me angry out of my mind, and then next he can make me forgive him just like that. The way he was begging to be forgiven made me think about Caroline's words.

We held an intense stare for a while before I broke away first.

"I forgive you." I mumbled, playing with the end strands of my hair. "But don't think that we are going to continue that kiss" i teased.

He smirked darkly, his eyes for once holding amusement.

My heart warmed at how fast things between us had come back to normal but it was different now. It was as if we were closer, more comfortable with one another. Slowly, Blake was letting me see another side to him; the playful side.

He took a step towards me, leaning his arms on the ledge of my car window. "If you keep looking like that, maybe I wouldn't be able to help myself"

Just like that, the mood between us changed, a thickness settling between us at his words. He was serious.

My body tingled as I felt his eyes trailing down it before they settled back up to my face. He stared at me intensively like he was trying to guess what I was thinking.

"I know what your doing" he whispered, his minty breath fanning against my cheek.

I gulped, leaning as far back from him as I possibly could. Being this close to him effect my thoughts.

"W-What?" I whispered.

He stared deeply into my eyes.

"After that kiss, maybe you even feel something more for me then just desire. Your ignoring me because you know I'm dangerous, you are afraid of getting hurt. So you distance yourself, hoping that whatever you feel for me will go away"

He leaned closer towards me. "But I'll let you in on a little secret, kitten" he whispered.

"The more you stay away, your only ruining yourself." He leaned back.

I couldn't breathe. All I could do was stare, completely dumbfounded.

He knew exactly what I was feeling. How is that even possible?

Don't tell me he was a vampire and could read minds.

I shook my head.

How did he know so much about me? It scared me- How much he knew.

I watched him closely, following him as he walked to his motorbike and got on.

His eyes met mine again.

My fists clenched on the steering wheel as I struggled to breathe.

"How?" I whispered.

He started his bike up, the rumbling sound almost too loud for me to register his words.

"Been there...done that"