Chapter 10

I stirred in my sleep.

Nuzzling my face into the warmth of my silk sheets, my dark hair scattered messily across my pillow as I shifted. Twisting my body around, I stretched my arms above my head, suppressing a yawn as my eyes fluttered open.

I hummed to myself, content with the bright rays of sunlight that was seeping through my bedroom window. I was really looking forward to just spending today with Caroline and eating ice cream.

These past two weeks I have gotten so much closer to her. I was still close to my other friends but I didn't share with them what I shared with Caroline. You know those people you just click with? Yeah well that was Caroline and I. I found myself telling her so much about my past and my parents, and I have come to learn so much about her. It felt good that I had a friend who I could tell everything to. To share my past experiences with someone who would understand or at least try to. I had only known her for so little and yet we already shared a special bond. What made me even more happy was that I didn't have to worry about saying goodbye to her. I didn't have to leave her behind.

With a smile tugging at my lips, I happily got out of bed.

Slipping on a white strapless crop top, I paired it with denim blue shorts, and some low top white converse.

Walking to my bathroom, I proceeded with my morning routine, brushing my teeth and combing through my long locks of brown hair.

I stared at my reflection in the mirror, applying some mascara and lip gloss.

My thoughts instantly drifted to yesterday's events with Blake.

Heat crept up onto my cheeks at the thought of being so close to him. His body hovering over mine, his lips brushing against my own. My skin prickled with goosebumps as I ran my fingers along my arms, down to my wrist that Blake had been holding.

I cleared my throat.

I tried to push the thoughts of him to the back of my mind but those visions kept coming back again. It was bothering me.

All I could think about was him.

His face flashed through my eyes. I glared at myself through the mirror, those captivating blue eyes of his staring straight back at me.

I shook my head. Snap. Out. Of. It.

He is a dickhead remember?

A mysteriously sexy dickhead.

But last night at the party, he was kind to me. He had saved me. I don't know what would of happened to me if he wasn't there.

My body flushed at the thought of me being in his bedroom. I was in his bed. I had been sleeping in his bed! Right next to him. Just the thought of being so close to him got my skin prickling with warmth.

He was something else. Completely different to any boy I had ever met before. He was so bad, yet he was so good. He was darkly beautiful.

I blinked a couple times to get the image of his face out of my mind.

Why was I even thinking about him?

I glared at myself through the mirror. Snap. The. Fuck. Out. Of. It.

I all but sprinted out of my bathroom, my head clouded with unnecessary thoughts.

Walking over to my bedside table, I took my phone off charge, texting Caroline to be ready in 10.

Walking out of my room, I made my way downstairs.

Going into the kitchen, I wrote my mother a note to tell her where I was going before exiting the kitchen and walking out of the door.