Chapter 24

"If I profane with my unworthiest hand
This holy shrine, the gentle fine is this:
My lips, two blushing pilgrims, ready stand
To smooth that rough touch with a tender kiss."

I swallowed silently as I listened to Blake read out Romeos part of the play.

His eyebrows knotted together as a single piece of his dark brown hair fell in front of his eyes. I was slowly starting to question myself if I was still breathing or not.

It was my turn to read my part of the scene but Blake was making it very hard for me to concentrate. He was standing directly in front of me, all  eyes on us. To be honest, I don't even think any of them were listening. The guys were practically falling asleep while the girls just gave Blake awe struck looks.

I mentally cursed myself for letting him get to me.

Again.

Looking back at the script that was in my hands, I studied the words that I was about to read out loud. Closing my eyes and inhaling a deep breathe, I tried to ignore the annoyingly gorgeous boy in front of me and opened my mouth to speak.

"Good pilgrim, you do wrong your hand too much,
Which mannerly devotion shows in this;
For saints have hands that pilgrims' hands do touch,
And palm to palm is holy palmers' kiss."

I looked up at Blake to see him already looking at me intensively.

"Have not saints lips, and holy palmers too?"

I noticed the corners of his lips twitch ever so slightly. Choosing to ignore it, i read out my next line, "Ay, pilgrim, lips that they must use in prayer."

"O, then, dear saint, let lips do what hands do;
They pray, grant thou, lest faith turn to despair."

"Saints do not move, though grant for prayers' sake."

"Then move not, while my prayer's effect I take.
Thus from my lips, by yours, my sin is purged."

"Then have my lips the sin that they have took."

The more Blake and I read out our lines the more the smirk on his face grew. I was beginning to question what it was that he was thinking about. But before I could question myself further, our English teacher clapped her hands twice bringing me back from my thoughts.

"Okay, we have come to the first kiss scene in the play."

My mouth became dry at her words.

That's why Blake was smirking! He had to kiss me! Oh my god how could I be so stupid?!

"Now it will only be a peck, a simple kiss so I don't want any childish behavior from anyone in this room. Understood?" I looked around the room to see the whole class nod while looking at us. Obviously now we have captured their attention.

This is all I need now. To be kissing my Blake in front of the whole class.

Fricken fantastic.

"Ok Heaven and Blake, when you're ready. Just slowly lean in, look into each others eyes and kiss. Remember you want to engage the audience, make them feel apart of it. You want to make the kiss seem real okay? Do you guys understand or do u want me to explain it in more detail?"

Before I could open my mouth to speak, Blake bet me to it.

"I think we can manage" he looked over at me and winked.

I grounded my teeth together.

When the whole class started to become quiet I knew that it was time. I got back into character mode and looked at Blake who looked like he was trying to get rid of the smirk that was still evident on his face.

"When your ready kids"

When your ready

I was definitely not ready.

My last kiss with Blake definitely didn't end too well. But he couldn't walk out on me this time.

Quickly snapping out of my thoughts, I composed myself, looking into Blake's eyes. I think he knew I was ready because he started to lean in. Remembering that we had to make the kiss seem real, I leaned in as well, not breaking eye contact.

My heart was thumping wildly inside my chest as our lips began to come closer and closer together. Blake's hand slowly brushed the side of my hip as he slid his hand across the bottom of my back. His touch on my skin made my blood rush and goose bumps to form. I slowly placed my hand on his upper arm for support. The whole class was quiet as Blake and I tried to make the kiss seem real and romantic.

Closing my eyes, my arms naturally wrapped themselves around Blake's neck. Blake held me gently, cupping my face in one hand. Warmth blossomed within me once Blake dipped his head and kissed me.

Our lips brushed together ever so lightly in a soft kiss.

My eyebrows furried as I felt a smoldering heat deep within me as his grip tightened, crushing my body to his.

I wanted more.

Blake drew back, our lips slowly detaching from each other.

I gulped, wanting nothing more then to pull him back to me, but we took a step away from each other.

Our eyes met, as soon as the teacher as well as every single student in the class room started clapping.

I could even make out Caroline squealing in the audience.

"Perfect! Wonderful! I didn't think that the two of you would of been able to act out the kiss so well! It was almost like you were actually in love! It was so beautiful, the two of you should be so proud of yourselves." With one last round of applause from the teacher, everyone finally started to calm down and sit quiet in their seats.

"Next week we are going to be doing costume fittings so make sure you're here." Everyone nodded their heads in approval at the teachers words before focusing their attention back on Blake and I.

"Okay Now let's start where we left off."

Blake and I still continued to look at each other, like we were the only two people in the class room.

My skin prickled at his intense stare. I stared into his electric blue eyes, the icy blueness generating a feeling like I was being pulled into a lake of frozen emotions.

A lump formed in my throat when I replayed the events from the parking lot. Knowing that he was so sure of how I felt, finding out that he had felt the same way I did. I knew what he had meant- what he was trying to tell me.

Now, what the whole class was witnessing with their own eyes.

We looked at each other a little too long to be just friends.