Chapter 21

Monday.

The day that I'm sure most of you would love to spend time sleeping in and not having to face your problems.

In this case Monday for me was a fresh start. I was going to pretend like nothing happened last night at the restaurant. That I didn't ignore Blake for the rest of the night.

Today I was ready and I wasn't going to be backing out.

Lifting my head up high, I pushed past the school doors.

On the outside I was walking causally down the corridors, but on the inside, all I wanted to do was run back home.

"Heaven!"

Spinning around, I couldn't keep the amused smile off my face as I saw Caroline running towards me.

"We need to talk" she breathed out as soon as she came to a stop in front of me.

I shifted, avoiding her eyes. "Talk about what?"

I looked up to see her eyes narrowed at me. "Don't play dumb with me Missy. What happened to you Saturday? You were quiet the whole way home." She placed her hand on my shoulder.

"Are you okay?" She whispered softly.

Flashbacks of last night came rushing through my mind, making me cringe.

I sighed, fiddling with my locker combination, debating weather or not I should tell Caroline the truth. She was my best friend after all and I didn't want to be hiding anything from her. I could really use her help to get over Blake too.

"Blake kissed me"

Silence.

I avoided her eyes, looking at my feet

More silence.

"HE WHAT?!"

I winced, covering my poor ears. "Shhhhhh!" I whisper yelled as a couple heads turned our way.

I looked up into her eyes that glistened with curiosity. In a matter of seconds, a big grin broke out onto her face.

"I knew it! I knew this would happen from day one!" She squealed, jumping up and down.

I rolled my eyes, trying hard to fight a smile.

BRINGGGGGGG

"So what was it like?" She teased.

"At lunch, meet me behind the bleachers and I will tell you everything." I giggled, opening my locker door and getting my English books out.

"Ok sure." She replied giving me a small hug from behind.

Smiling slightly, I slammed my locker door shut, turning around to face her again.

"We have English" Caroline whined, making me groan once realization hit me. Blake was in this class with me and we were starting the rehearsals for the play this lesson.

Just perfect.

Sighing, I hugged my books closer to my chest before slowly waking down the crowded corridor with Caroline by my side.