Chapter 43

Hushed whispers filled the congested crowds of students, as Blake and I walked down the hauls.

Casually slinging his arm over my shoulder, Blake pulled me into his side, "What the fuck is everyone looking at?"

I tried to hold in my laughter as he glared at everyone who glanced our way. Placing a hand to his chest, I rolled my eyes playfully at him. "Let them stare"

I mentally drooled at the sight of him this morning. Just how? How he can always look so perfect-I will never know. His piercing blue eyes were like ice, freezing over every body that we passed by. His lips were pulled into an irritated smirk, making him appear sexy and intimidating at the same time.

Realizing that I was staring at his face for way too long, I quickly shifted my eyes down to my books. My arms tightened around them, as my nose scrunched up at the thought of having maths now. Thank god Caroline was in this class with me to keep me company.

Coming to a complete stop outside my maths classroom, Blake's leather jacket rubbed against my arm as he turned to face me.

"I'll come and get you when class is over okay?" his voice was alluringly deep, that it made what he said even more adorable. My heart fluttered at his words, a tiny part of me loving this sudden tendency of his to protect me. Even though I knew that he was only being like this because of the whole situation with Vince, a big piece of my heart still wanted to believe that this caring, soft side to him was because he genuinely wanted to be this way with me. That he didn't want to leave me alone because he genuinely wanted to stay.

"See you soon" I smiled softly.

His eyes lingered on me for a few more seconds before he came striding towards me, swiftly cupping my face in his hands, he placed a lingering kiss to my forehead.

My hands came up to clutch his arms, my eyes fluttering closed as I savored the feeling of his warm lips pressed to my skin. My skin tingled from his gentle touch.

The moment ending too soon, he pulled away from me, before turning on his heel and walking away.

I smiled to myself, suddenly feeling giddy. Turning around, I almost jumped in fright as I saw Caroline leaning against the door frame, a cheeky grin sprawled out on her face.

"AWWWWWW" I winced at her loud squeal, giggling softly as she pulled me in for a hug.

Pulling away from me, I gave her an innocent smile to which she replied back to with a wriggle of her eyebrows. "Now tell me there is something going on between the two of you because I could feel that love from a mile away!"

I shook my head at her, grinning widely. "He doesn't love me C"

She smiled sadly at me, pulling me into the classroom, "You don't know that"

I shrugged, my stomach beginning to turn as I thought about it.

"How's Alec?" I tried to change the subject. I watched her smile turn into a full blown grin at the mention of her boyfriend.

"Good! Ahhhhh" she squealed, "I'm going to his house after school" she winked at me making me giggle.

"You guys are perfect for each other I'm so happy for you" I smiled, yet my smile faltered once I saw Brandon enter the classroom.