Chapter 9

I awoke to soft sheets. My eyes were still closed as i soaked in the warmth of the covers before letting my eyes drift open. It was like a bucket of ice cold water tipping over me as my head instantly began to pound violently.

A layer of dehydrated saliva coated my cracked lips as I looked down, my dress from last night still on my body.

I blinked. Closed my eyes before blinking again. I slowly sit up, dragging my feet off the bed, and rubbing my knuckles onto my eyes. I stretch my arms above my head and yawn.

Once on my feet, the room swayd almost causing me to lose my balance. Leaning against the nearest wall, the room swirled before becoming stationary again. My stomach turned, an unfriendly feeling of nausea washing over me.

I groaned loudly, images from last night flashing through my mind.

My eyes darted around the room, panic settling within me once I realised that this bedroom wasn't mine. The lights were off so i could barely make out a thing. Zoning onto the bed I had awoken in, I could vaguely make out someone.

Ignoring my throbbing headache, i slowly walked up to the bed. Hovering my body over the person, I tried to get a better look at them. Or should I say him.

My eyes widened when I realised whose room I was currently in.

What the hell was I doing here? In Blake's house? In his room?

I couldn't help but take in his body hungrily. His bare back was on display, the rest of his body covered by blankets. I stared intensely at the tattoos which trailed along his muscular arms, extending onto the upper half of his back, fading slightly. The muscles in his back flexed as he shifted, stirring in his sleep.

I smiled.

Despite the tattoos, he looked almost innocent.

Without thinking, my hand shot forward, softly tracing the faint tattoo lines on his back. His skin was warm, soft. Trailing my fingers along his neck, I was about to reach for his hair but a hand swiftly came up from underneath me, grabbing my wrist in a firm grip.

A surprised squeak came out of my mouth as I felt my body being flipped over, my back landing softly on the sheets. Hesitantly opening my eyes, my breath caught in my throat once I noticed the position Blake and I were in. His body was hovering over me, my wrist still gripped tightly in his left hand, his face barely a couple inches away from mine.

I gulped.

"What do you think you're doing?" His voice was husky, his mouth ever so lightly brushing against my lips as he spoke. My lips instantly tingled at the contact, my heart thumping loudly against my chest.

"S-Sorry" i mentally cursed myself for stuttering.

What the hell was that?

"I have questions" I finally found my voice, "about last night" I added, speaking more confidently this time.

"Yes?" He rested his forehead against mine, his mesmerising blue eyes twinkling with an emotion I couldn't quite grasp.

I'm pretty sure that my heart was now exploding against my chest. Despite my horrible hangover, the pounding pain in my head was forgotten about. Somehow being this close to Blake made me feel better.

I mentally shook my head. Snap. Out. Of. It.

"Well? Will you get up so we can talk?" I frowned at him.

Why wasn't he moving?

"I think the position we are in is much more comfortable." My eyebrows shot up, eyes widening at the words I never thought I'd hear come out of his mouth.