Chapter 10 - I Can't Do It...

Start from the beginning

The next day at work I heard a familiar voice order a pumpkin latte. I turned around to see it was Lea Michele.

"Oh my gosh, hi Lea!" I said/screamed.

"Oh, hey, umm..." she said. My face fell. She forgot my name! Suddenly, she laughed and said, "I'm kidding! Hey Jessie! Do you really think I could forget you after all that screaming?" My face turned red as I laughed. I made her her pumpkin latte and handed to her, as she asked me how I was. I replied that I was good, when I saw another familiar face walk through the door. The last face I wanted to see.

Riker.

"Oh shit," I muttered.

"Is something wrong?" Lea asked, kindly. I shook my head, while smiling tightly. She turned around and spotted Riker.

"How about we go somewhere and you can tell me what happened?"

"Umm, but everything's fine!"

"No it's not. Come on, please tell me!"

"Fine...Let me just ask my boss," I replied. Bill said it was okay, as I told him I'd work an extra hour tomorrow. We walked to the park and sat down on the grass by the lake.

"Okay, spill." she said.

"Well, a couple of weeks ago Riker took me on a date and it was so perfect, and then at the end of the night he asked me to be his girlfriend, and I said no,"

"What? Why?! You guys would be so cute together!"

"I've had kind of a bad past with guys, and my last boyfriend made it impossible for me to ever trust another guy again. Especially not one who I've only known for 4
weeks!"

"Honey, I don't know what your old problem did to you, but I've known Riker for 3 years. He would never hurt you. If you don't believe me, ask Dianna. They used to date, and not once did he ever hurt Dianna."

"Why did they actually break up, then?"

"Well, Dianna told him that things just weren't right, but he didn't know that she had been seeing someone else for about 3 weeks before they broke up,"

"That's awful! I thought she was so nice!"

"Oh, don't get me wrong, she's lovely! But she doesn't really talk about her feelings. She just acts like they're not there, and that hopefully her problems will go away. She doesn't understand that life doesn't work like that."

"Aw, that's too bad. I just wish I could get over this stupid fear I have of being in a relationship!" I said, frustratedly.

"Maybe Riker's the guy to help you do that. I actually have to go to the set now, and I want you to come with me."

"What? I can't! I'll see Riker! I'm not ready to do that,"

"Come on. The only way you're ever going to sort things out with him is by talking. Also, I really want to hear you sing!"

I agreed finally, and we drove to the studio. When we got there, I greeted everyone. They made me feel better instantly. We talked and laughed for about 15 minutes, when Lea said,

"Guys, we have to hear Jessie sing!" Everyone agreed, while I laughed. Amber took my hand and pulled me to the choir room set. They all sat down in the chairs.

"Wow, all I've ever wanted to do since I started watching Glee, was to stand here and sing a song!" I laughed.

"So now's your chance!" Cory exclaimed. "We'll even get Brad' to come play for you," He called over Brad, and I told him what song I wanted to sing. It explained my feelings perfectly. He began the intro, and I started singing:

I feel like I'm losing my mind

Banging my head up against the wall

Staring at nothing 'cause I can't sleep at night

Can't make it stop, yeah I think too much.

What do I do? Falling apart

I need a shock straight to my heart

No one would want to be in my shoes right now, oh

They seemed to be enjoying it so far...

Riker's POV

I walked into the New Direction's studio to ask Ryan something, when I heard a gorgeous, familiar voice. I walked towards the choir room set and saw the gorgeous face to match the voice.

Jessie.

She was singing 'Medicine' by Shakira. I wonder if that's how she actually feels? No, it can't be. Who would ever feel like that about me? I listened to the lyrics, and she sang them with so much emotion.

I don't reach for the bottle of whiskey,

You won't see me popping pills,

Cause if I want the pain to go away,

You're the only thing that will,

You're my medicine, medicine,

My medicine, medicine,

My medicine

I really hope that she's singing about me. I really miss her, but hopefully after tomorrow, she'll be mine. This morning I went to Starbucks to talk to her, but she left as soon as she saw me. She finished singing the song, and I applauded really loudly. I probably shouldn't have done that.

She turned around, and as soon as she saw me, her eyes went wide. I saw her mutter something to Lea, but all I could hear was, "I can't do it." And then she left.

Jessie's POV

I turned around and saw, to my horror, Riker. Was he listening this whole time? Lea came over and said quietly, "Now's your chance! Go talk to him!"

"I'm sorry...I can't. It's too hard. I can't do it," and then I turned around and left.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Hello my lovely readers!

How is everyone?

Did you guys like the chapter? Don't worry Jessie and Riker will be together soon, if Riker's plan works!

Please please please vote and comment! I follow everyone who votes, or adds my story to their library, or reading list. And if you comment I will give you a shout out in my next chapter!

Also, i've added names to all of my chapters to help you know what it's about.

love you all x

VOTE AND COMMENT!!!