"You can lie to yourself all you want, but I know what love looks like. He adores you so much, and I know you love him." she pulls back and glances to the right. "Here comes your soulmate, Y/N." she chuckles evilly.

Kagami is walking through the hall with the Seirin basketball team. They're all smiling and joking around. Must be on their way to practice.

Kagami's in the front and centre of them. Him and Kuroko are having a conversation. His face is turned to the side, showing off his sharp jawline. Today you notice that his fiery red hair is longer than usual. It frames his face perfectly and flicks up in every direction. Actually, his bed hair is always adorable.

Kagami's eyes dart straight to yours. He must have felt you staring. His lips part slightly and for a moment, the sweet thought of him walking over and kissing you clouds your mind.

"Hey, Y/N." he smiles and waves slightly.

"Hey," you smile back.

Why were you thinking about him kissing you? Right now, of all places? This has never happened before... You and Kagami are just friends. He doesn't like you, and you don't like him. The only reason you get down and dirty is to relieve both yours and his sexual frustration. That's all there is to it.

» » »

"Aren't you done studying yet~?" Kagami whines from your bed and starts to whack his face into the pillow repeatedly.

"Shut up, I've been studying for ten minutes." you respond and refuse to look away from the textbook page.

"Ten minutes too long." he continues complaining childishly.

"What do you want?" you sigh in frustration but read the textbook nonetheless.

"You," he says softly. Your heart skips a beat. "to make me a sandwich."

The chair spins around beneath you and with quick, sharp precision, you throw a pen straight at his face. It bonks him in the head and he grunts. "Ow. You're so mean, Y/N."

"Shut it, Bakagami. You're lucky that was a pen and not my fist."

Kagami stares at the back of your head with a happy smile and shining gleam in his eye.

"Y/N," he calls out. This time, you hear the urgency in his voice and turn around to look at him. "I..." like you. He pauses. "Never mind."

"I'm gonna kill you." you state with anger.

"I'M SORRY!" he exclaims, cowaring back in fear as you approach him after he distrated you again.

» » »

"Y/N, what do you want? It's two in the morning. We have a test tomorro-"

"I have a crush on Kagami." you interrupt your best friend's probably never ending rant.

"Isn't he over at your house right now?" she asks in surprise.

You sigh and stare at yourself in the mirror. "Yeah, he's in my bedroom. I'm in the bathroom. I don't know how much longer I can keep up this friends-with-benefits thing." you run your fingertips through the matted strands of your hair.

"Endure it tonight... tell him you like him tomorrow after school so you have all day to figure out how you want to confess." she suggests before letting out a loud yawn.

"Yeah, good idea. Thanks. Sorry about calling you so late."

"That's what best friends are for. Good luck!" she sings before hanging up.